PDA

View Full Version : Balloon in ear feeling?

Lissy43
27-12-08, 20:21
IS this really normal after a cold? I know I have asked before but its not getting better. I had sinusitis and a nasty cold about 2 weeks ago, took 500mg amoxicillin 3x a day for a week from GP and all the nasty symptoms have gone but im left with the clicking behind the ear and occasional ear pressure like balloon inflating and deflating in left ear??

Sorry to ask again.

lesleya
27-12-08, 20:39
Sorry yout still having probs, im on my second bout of this awful bug, but my friend next door is left with the same exact thing as you and the dr told her when the congestion of the cold clears up so will the ear problem. Shes had this for at least 6 weeks now and had antibiotics, and its driving her nuts, but shes got to wait till it all clears up on its own.
Not a lot of help sorry...but it seems to be affecting quite a few people the same way.
Hope your well soon
xx

lorac
27-12-08, 22:28
Hi Libby

I too have this and have had it for some time now and it is unpleasant. I went to the doctors and had some antibiotics which cleared it a little but it came back again. The doctor said sometimes it takes a while to clear but it usually does clear itself.

Hope yours goes soon as I know how annoying it can be.

Carol x

Boos Mum
27-12-08, 22:43
i have this now, give it 4 weeks then go back to gp :hugs:

EmmaJane
27-12-08, 22:46
It could be to do with the fluid in the ear. Best to go back to docs if you uncomfortable xx

Lissy43
28-12-08, 09:49
Thanks,

I am not really in pain, have the occasional ache behind the ear but its just this balloon inflating feeling in the ear its so annoying and its only on the side that I had the nostril infection and sinusitis.

The GP said it is probably just left over congestion int he eaustchian tube and tension.

wayne
29-12-08, 12:20
i have

Lissy43
09-01-09, 14:38
You have the clicking?