PDA

View Full Version : What do you fear the most ?

florence
29-06-05, 20:32
I am just wondering what are people's biggest fears...thanks.

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Donna
29-06-05, 20:37
I put losing control. Im not sure why, but control is a big thing for me. (are we supposed to say what we put? - you can soooo tell im new lol)

Donna x

florence
29-06-05, 20:42
LOL, its ok... you r just supposed to tick in the circle next to your choice.
I agree tho.. control is very important..

Take care.
Florence.

jill
29-06-05, 20:47
Hi Florence,

I put other, although my fears were going mad and losing control, but
the most thing I feard was fear itself.:(

JILLXXX

florence
29-06-05, 20:50
Hi Jill, I can understand that perfectly.. not nice at all... thanks for taking part.

Take care.
Florence.

mico
29-06-05, 20:51
Although in some ways it may be very subtle (and other ways not so subtle) I think one of my biggest fears, is people.

I have other fears, but I think if you take people out of the equation, then most of those fears would diminish.

mico

florence
29-06-05, 20:54
Hi Mico :)...Hope you're well..

Thanks for sharing... it's amazing how fears vary from people to people..

Take care.
Florence.

Deeko
29-06-05, 21:11
Hi Florence,
I fear the weather, will you be so kind to add this option to your poll, im curious to know how common it is. Cheers

Take Care Dee.

florence
29-06-05, 21:18
Hi Deeko , I don't think I can change the poll now, but you can always tick "other" .
Thanks.
Florence.

shybabyboo
30-06-05, 04:16
I had chosen 'other' because im afraid of all of them [V]

chucklehound
30-06-05, 07:52
I put death - sudden because that is the one that scares me the most...:(

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

Jenny
30-06-05, 14:10
I fear that I am going to collapse in a heap and vomit, and people are just going to walk around me and stare. I HATE being sick. I am a wreck. I also fear when my husband goes out somewhere different from work, or anything out of the ordinary. It is't that I am afraid something will happen to him. Its 'What if something happens to me'!! Purley selfish I know, but I am trying my best to overcome this.

Jen xx

J. Farmer

mico
30-06-05, 14:24
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I fear that I am going to collapse in a heap and vomit, and people are just going to walk around me and stare. <div align="right">Originally posted by Jenny - 30 June 2005 : 14:10:14</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

This is one way in which i would relate my fears to people. I wouldn't have that fear if there was no people about.

Although I could think of hundreds of other examples.

mico

florence
30-06-05, 20:56
Thanks guys for taking part..

Florence.

kairen
01-07-05, 10:28
Hi Florence when are you going to put the resulst up im really interested to see what the highest is,

kairen x

Gareth
01-07-05, 11:06
Hi,

I put "going mad" as this has been a fear.

But really I think more accurate for me would be "never feeling better". It is the idea of spending the rest of my life feeling like this that has most terrified me.

And of course, it is the fear that perpetuates it, so really its about not being afraid of the fear!

Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***

florence
01-07-05, 11:40
Hey Kairen

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">when are you going to put the results up im really interested to see what the highest is,</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

You can see the results by clicking on "view results" next to "vote now". Just under the choices.

Take care.
Florence.

leo05
01-07-05, 15:11
i fear sleep

shybabyboo
02-07-05, 08:38
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I fear that I am going to collapse in a heap and vomit, and people are just going to walk around me and stare. I HATE being sick.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

i also hate being sick. vomiting is another big fear i have. sometimes, though its not as bad as it was awhile ago, if i feel i have eaten too much, even though it may have been a little, i'd stop eating cause id think i would get sick. it has gotten a bit better though nowadays, i can finish a full meal and start to think little thoughts but they go away within 1 minute.
and i can tell you that i actually have collapsed in front of people before, cause i didnt eat much that day, and i fell on a girl and when i finally came to, everyone was staring at me , wasnt a good feeling. (and the girl i fell on thought i was crazy) although i kind of laugh about it now i still have a little fear of that in me too that it may happen again.

LassyGirll
16-07-05, 02:03
I have the fear of dentists and dental surgery...OMG it scares me soooo much!

cRaZyBuNnY

zena
25-07-05, 12:04
I have a fear of being sick in public and also like lassygirl can't stand the dentist...would rather go through labour!!!

with good wishes

Zena

existential crisis
25-07-05, 12:45
argh! being sick/'contamination' is number 1...closely followed by the dentist!!!

*I think, therefore I am.*

sal
26-07-05, 00:56
Just seeing the results of that poll has helped me loads as again i have being reminded that how i feel i am not alone. Thanks.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

denise84
30-07-05, 19:39
i put going mad as i always think im gonna end up in a mental hospital or something, maybe i just havent came to terms that panic attacks is something most people will expierence at some point in there lives it just feels so un normal.

dmcgovern

littleroseofsharon
05-08-05, 20:07
HELLO I fear all of them, but also most of all my fear is myself. Its as if I am in my own personal prison in my mind from panic attacks. Sometimes there seems like there is no hope so I just try to get used to the fact that I may be this way forever. I am 24 years old and scared of myself because Im the only one who can make myself chance. although Im not sure how. If I will be strong anough to change, or if I will wake up twenty years from now and still be agoraphobic. Maria

sal
05-08-05, 21:04
Hi Maria

I understand how you feel and it has being a scary ride for me with my fear scared i would lose control and that fear then turned on being scared of myself with what i could or could not be capable of but there is hope and i although do struggle at times are no where as bad as i was and i am sure with this site you will get all the support i had and realise that in how you feel you are by no means alone on that.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

jen
16-08-05, 00:34
hi

I think the thing i fear most is dying .
I think about it quite alot, along with going mad !!

take care

jen x

Peru83
16-08-05, 08:05
Well guys I'm a bit of a control freak,lol, I like things to be done and be a certain way. So I think the one thing I fear the most is not being in Control. I have to be in control to feel safe, I have always been like that. I have always been known for being a bit of a bossy boots,lol.

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

kate
16-08-05, 09:03
If you analise all the fears expressed here, they all come down to the common fear of not having control of a given situation.

Kate

tammyg
16-08-05, 15:56
Kate, I agree to some extent... it does all seem to come back to control.

My biggest fear is the same as quite a few of you who have replied in this topic, being sick. So I was about to vote 'other'. But if you think about it a fear of being sick yourself is a fear of something you can't control... you just don't know when you are going to feel sick. I suppose though to some extent you can control it, many emetophobes have gone years without being sick.

Again, the fear of others being sick comes down to control I guess, it could happen anytime, anywhere and you will not be in control of this.

Anyway... I decided not to vote in the end lol :D

Tam x

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself"
Franklin D. Roosevelt

kerrywatts
30-08-05, 20:07
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I fear that I am going to collapse in a heap and vomit, and people are just going to walk around me and stare. I HATE being sick. I am a wreck. I also fear when my husband goes out somewhere different from work, or anything out of the ordinary. It is't that I am afraid something will happen to him. Its 'What if something happens to me'!! Purley selfish I know, but I am trying my best to overcome this.

Jen xx

J. Farmer

<div align="right">Originally posted by Jenny - 30 June 2005 : 14:10:14</div id="right">

The sick thing is mine too. I'm also afraid that i will die in my sleep and my hubby won't realise and go to work on a 12hr shift and my kids will be calling for me in the morning and my daughter will be starving and in a dirty nappy all day (its not as bad now my son is older and could get up and ring 999 and get her some food) and that if i die my hubby won't know that if Lucy says X it means she wants that and that when she goes to sleep she likes X (again thats MUCH eased off now my hubby has had 12weeks off work sick - was assaulted by a prisoner at work - and has bathed and put the kids to bed every night). Also not to keen on travelling either!! I'm just totally unstable - maybe i have a fear of life itself!!! he he he!!!

Kerry

http://frankielampard.proboards55.com/index.cgi

vixstar
30-08-05, 21:36
i fear the unknown, i fear not knowing what is going to happen, i fear that i might get better and then how would i feel, what would i worry about....and this stuff goes round and round in my head, i fear taking medication as i don't know how i will react to it, i fear not taking it as i might live my life feeling rubbish...i fear the unknown definitely!

vik x

Meg
30-08-05, 22:00
**and my kids will be calling for me in the morning and my daughter will be starving and in a dirty nappy all day (its not as bad now my son is older and could get up and ring 999 and get her some food) and that if i die my hubby won't know that if Lucy says X it means she wants that and that when she goes to sleep she likes X **

Whoa - Kerry... Stop..
These detailed images and thoughts are exactly what are keeping your anxiety alive and kicking ..

Take one set of images and write it all down then cross it al out and underneath write out the better and more realistic scanario that will happen and has happened to date.

Each time you think of the first set - as soon as you realize you're dwelling on it remember you rpage of writing and dwell insted on the new set and imagine that one in live and detailed technicolour. Its not easy to swap these thought patterns but perservere

Remember Energy follows Thought

Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=283)
Mind Games (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1789)
obsessive thoughts & anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3096)
Still suffering this damn "suggestive" thing.. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4288)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

SPAM
31-08-05, 14:24
without a doubt my fear would be to enter a room -full of all the people i have loved-but hurt!
trevor

AGORAPHOBIC AND TOTALLY ALONE IN STRANGE ENVIRONMENT WILL SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO INTRODUCE MYSELF/SITUATION PLEASE1

aussie Liz
05-10-05, 13:53
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I am just wondering what are people's biggest fears...thanks.

Florence.

<div align="right">Originally posted by florence - 30 June 2005 : 05:32:13</div id="right">

Hannahlou84
05-10-05, 17:14
My biggest fear is being abandoned by people I need and love, even if they don't know it, which makes abandonment likely, really!

It does all come back to control though...

"Suddenly I see, this is what I want to be, Suddenly I see, why the hell it means so much to me"

desperate
05-10-05, 18:29
I put control....!

I seem to like to be in control so that anything else seems to provoke anxiety.

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

tracyp584
05-10-05, 18:41
I put control too. I feel as long as I feel in control, I can deal with whatever arises.(in theory anyway?!)

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Phill2
06-10-05, 01:24
I went for heart attack but would've also voted for snakes and losing control if I could
Phill

Don't believe everything you think

Quailman
01-01-06, 02:46
Losing control terrifies me!

Sometimes it feels as if I'm living in anticipation of a breakdown.

arethaire
25-01-06, 12:32
Death, illness & going mad!

florence
25-01-06, 18:38
Hi Arethaire

I can relate totally !

Florence.

*** Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can. ***

arethaire
25-01-06, 19:47
Hi Florence

Do you know what started yours off & what do you do about it?

Cath

florence
25-01-06, 20:20
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Florence

Do you know what started yours off & what do you do about it?

Cath</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi

Oh god there would be so much to tell, but mainly , the first time I realised I was scared of dying in an irrational way , was the first time I went under the knife, I feared the general anaesthetic.
Since then I have had panic, anxiety, night terrors, on and off.
What do I do about it? I cant say that I have a miraculous remedy, but keeping busy ( activities, job ) is usually my best weapon.
Take care.

Florence.

*** Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can. ***

arethaire
25-01-06, 20:30
Thanks Florence .... Have you ever had a breakdown too?

Cath

sophc
25-01-06, 20:39
hi, im scared of dying and death illnesses, their my hugest fears and also my major one is 'the unknown' which im sure they fall under in that category anyway. imscared of what i dont know and that includes my own behaviour,

thanks

"life is a rollercoaster i am riding every day"

florence
26-01-06, 10:22
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Thanks Florence .... Have you ever had a breakdown too?

Cath </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi, yes ... I have had bouts of depression, nasty huh

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hi, im scared of dying and death illnesses, their my hugest fears and also my major one is 'the unknown' which im sure they fall under in that category anyway.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi Sophc

Thats definitely me... how are you coping lately?

Florence.

mandyadam
08-02-06, 18:03
hi

i put other.

my biggest fear is myself or other people being sick.

i have had this phobia for 22 years now.

i even passed it down to my daughter.

take care

marie257
08-02-06, 18:43
yes you did mum. my fear is also sick. mandyadam is my mum. we have 3 generations of sickness phobias as my 8 yr old has it now too. take care.

Ma Larkin
31-03-06, 13:41
My biggest fear is dying suddenly of a heart attack & not being able to say goodbye to my children & telling them how sorry I am for going too early.

Les

Chardonay
01-04-06, 21:29
I said other.
I have a very bad fear of some trees.So in winer or when windy is a nightmare for me,as twigs and branches are on the paths and roads.

Tall dark and mysterious was his name,
magic love and money was his game.

Beauty is a real thing, not just a reflection in the mirror

Dylansmum
03-04-06, 12:24
I fear eating infront of others. Could you add this to your poll please? Thanks

Sarah x

classiclady
13-04-06, 19:22
well ive alrady lost control and gone mad so i put the unknown

cattttt
01-03-07, 01:26
My current biggest fear is of anaphylactic reactions, particularly from the med I'm taking for my blood pressure, but also other things, like insect stings, peanut butter and you name it. Totally rediculous, I've never reacted to anything in my life, but I still haven't been able to totally overcome this fear.

domino
02-03-07, 18:28
losing Control, I Need To Be In Control To Get Where I Want To Be!!

Jaco45er
03-03-07, 10:59
Fear? whats fear? I fear nothing. Yer right lol

I put other, my 2 biggest fears are being incapacitated by a health problem that goes straight into my other fear. MONEY, or the lack of it. I wonder around constantly thinking about bills, mortgage etc. Irrational really, as I have a decent enough career, but that fear is always there in the back of my mind.

P.S. and I fear eating a kebab without chilli sauce, unthinkable.

Jaco

Dan D
03-03-07, 15:29
I put dying (heart attack/stroke).

bubbleblitt
08-03-07, 05:59
I ticked flying which causes me to have major panic attacks but almost ticked 'other'.The main fear is the fear itself!I am terrified of the panicky feeling Bubbleblitt

sonflower
08-03-07, 15:29
hi iam new but what i fear about is people and going out and facing people but i think my fear is more about not being able to help people the way i think i should iam all mixed up sorry if this dont make sence

tommie
18-03-07, 18:59
I put other and I am with Jill. The thing I fear the most is fear and the next attack,

LickeyEndBlues
23-03-07, 00:30
......failure!!

Shadowwin
23-03-07, 05:30
My absolute biggest fear and has been since I was a child was dying before I could do all the things I wanted to do...

Lynnann
23-03-07, 05:34
mine are dual fears, other people and losing control, comes back to control I guess, I can't control other peoples actions

Scarlett77
13-04-07, 11:26
I put 'the unknown', but it's also people as well sadly, or rather those i don't know (which is obviously A LOT of people! lol).

Scarlett

anxious
13-04-07, 22:10
i voted unknown because mines more the fear of being ill and having the knowledge i have something that is gonna kill me

PanickyPolly
14-04-07, 13:26
Am terrified of being alone the rest of my life

Keep going
16-04-07, 00:30
being on my own:ohmy:

Zanxiety
16-04-07, 12:05
Anything that evolves something bad is going to happen is something I fear the most. Being really worried about losing control and dying are the ones that really frighten me the most as its unpredictable. Sometimes I wish there was no such thing as dying at all even though I do believe in a second life in heaven, it’s just that for some reason I don’t look forward to dying it, and when you die you don’t know how long it is until your spirit gets released into heaven which is the part which frightens me too.

I think the thing is to tell myself that, once you die you’ll get an eternal life in heaven and you’ll never be dead again after that.

kelbob
16-04-07, 15:37
i put other coz i feel so scared of everythin atm xxxxxxx

Lindalou64
17-04-07, 00:55
:weep: :weep: fear of fear the next the what ifs................:shrug:

panicdiva
13-05-07, 17:16
I think that the thing I fear most is.....ME!! I have no faith or trust in myself....hence I think the reason I panic in certain situations is because I fear me....does that make sense?

darkangel
14-05-07, 13:36
panicdiva

thats makes so much sense to me too - there is nothing external that scares me - its myself that Im afraid of. My own body sensations.

good to see you back on here :flowers: I hope you are well

MissChampers
14-05-07, 15:56
I think that the thing I fear most is.....ME!! I have no faith or trust in myself....hence I think the reason I panic in certain situations is because I fear me....does that make sense?

Yes it does make sense..I too am my own worse enemy.

forfarshire
15-05-07, 07:57
Hi! I'm Forfarshire new today and just finding my way around. If I'm doing wrong just rap my keyboard.

Heights is one. I knew, to do my job, would have to get into the little lift to the top of one of the bridge towers in Hong Kong. (similar to the Humber):ohmy:

I worked for 3 days at ground level until I decided to be brave. Got off onto the island that morning and sat with ex-gurkhas and had decided that when they go to the lift I would too. The lift was slow, rattled and unconvincing as a safe mode of transport.I am sure the hand rail was destorted by my grip on it. We got to what I thought was the top but found to my horror a 20 foot ladder bolted to the tower had to be scaled.:ohmy: I would not have made it if it had not been for one of those happy little nepales men.

Eventually, with regularity, the height and its impact on my psychy reduced to allow me to complete my work.:blush:

Thought the issue over when I came home, but a trip up the CN tower put payed to that.:ohmy:

sallad
16-05-07, 04:49
No one has said this so it makes me feel worse...I fear doing something bad when I have scary thoughts. I am so afraid that I will lose it and hurt someone that I don't want to like my sons. Makes me sick to even write it. Am I as alone as I fear?

josephine
18-05-07, 19:30
I think I fear other people the most. What they are thinking of me. always feeling that i am being judged and never coming up to scratch.

bottleblond
19-05-07, 17:38
I also put losing control. I'd hate to lose control especialy in public! but could have ticked all the above boxs if it had let me! lol

Lisa
xxx

Gleamchaser
22-05-07, 04:57
I would say my greatest fears are either becoming severly agoraphobic or having an anxiety spell so severe and prolonged I would attempt suicide.

Not being in control is probably a top fear, feeling like my entire life is based on the whims of forces far beyond my control.

tnt808
07-06-07, 19:48
I put *other* because I am afraid I will be this way forever:weep:

Gordon
08-06-07, 02:23
I fear dying alone, never having experienced the feeling of true love.

Gordon

joy
08-06-07, 06:39
this anxiety never leaving me

Joy

josephine
08-06-07, 09:57
I fear the feeling of anxiety, never knowing the feeling of confidence and self worth. I fear a hell of alot of different things and situations but really it is the fear of how my body reacts in these situations.

Josephinex

Lindalou64
08-06-07, 14:02
the feeling of the unknown and whats next..................have to stop this i know..............................:wacko: ..................Linda xx

Greatdane
02-07-07, 15:33
My biggest fer is going mad and hurtning my partner while I am a sleep. The second one is when i am very axious Paranoiaso feeling of becoming Schizzophrenic.

GD

MarcusD
19-07-07, 17:36
i said going mad, i know the chances of that happening are pretty low, prob stand more of a chance winning the lottery but theres always that little thought that pops in there now and then which makes you think "well there it is i finally gone mad" :)

Carol_dearest
22-07-07, 08:50
What I fear the most is the feeling of fear. I have learned how to overcome my fears, to deal with my anxiety symptoms, to watch for early warning signs of anxiety and stop the spriral. Now I'm afraid that I am so good at this, I won't have anything to worry about!!! What will I do with all the spare time I have now??? So many years wasted, worrying. So, my spare time is here, being a friend to those who need one. I'll never feel good enough, but that doesn't scare me. I am true to myself and have peace. I've done with fear, it bores me now. I'm moving on.

joffy
23-07-07, 19:13
I answered 'losing control'. Sometimes the anxiety becomes so intense it's like you're constantly battling to keep something invisible at bay. It's like if this thing escapes you don't know what's going to happen and whether you will get through it unscathed.

Fall Out Boy
24-07-07, 11:25
I put down other. Im afraid of lots of things, but none of them were choices

Tanya
31-07-07, 09:42
I chose 'other' as well. I'm not scared of anything listed but I am scared of always being sick with the pain I've lived with for over 10 years. In that time I've figured out because of this anxiety I've been plagued with for my entire life I'm not 'normal'.

I always knew I wasn't like my friends. But it wasn't until I got sick that I realized I'm really not like other people, never was. Its kinda shocking when that hits home.

Of course I'm also petrified of being alone. I live with my parents who love me very much. But the thought of being alone at some point in my life causes me the most stress.

I think if my pain got better or better than it is, I wouldn't be so scared of life.

Its a huge tie between always having to live in pain or being alone and in pain. Neither choice sounds very appealing.

dasiymay
31-07-07, 13:14
hi i have had panic attacks for 8 years along with ibs its so hard for me to go places far from home. being ill is my worse fear

Laurie28
06-08-07, 12:22
I put fear of dying (sudden) but at my peak I could have ticked a few (and added a few of my own!) Fear of going mad was a HUGE fear of mine (I thought I was going mad)

smudgie
19-08-07, 00:33
Hi All

I fear people, thats friends included that ive had for years. i beleive they dont like me and just pretend to like me, I dont think im worthy and think bad of myself with lots of low self estem
ness

rosepetal
20-08-07, 10:15
Losing control. [add not being able to escape. PTSD symptom]

AngieJ
20-08-07, 22:13
I could have ticked them all except for flying. You couldn't drag me onto a bus or train but flying holds no fear for me at all.....strange!!
Chose Dying (Heart Attack), main symptom of my anxiety/panic is palpatations and a pain in my arm.
Also terrified of being on my own at home or being in situations where there is no-one that I know who could help me.

northern_sky
20-08-07, 23:40
H.A I don't even want to spell it. I'll call it option 2. :blush: Option 1 ain't too hot either. :blush:

In good news... I'm fine with buses! Thank heaven for small mercies. Well as long as they aren't crowded or noisy. :)

Ozzy
03-09-07, 01:50
i fear ppl the most what they might think of me or what they might do to me sometimes when im chatting to ppl on the net i push them away because i get scared there gonna do it to me 1st
i have no reason why i do it and i dont wanna do it but i do.

Anna77
03-09-07, 12:01
I fear people the most too - i worry way too much about what others think of me, and whether they like me or not. Even when i get on with people, i worry about them suddenly going off me (and this can often become a self-fulfilling prophecy because it makes me too paranoid, and therefore rubbish company!).

Also being unable to get away from places, and fainting in public.

woofybaby
03-09-07, 19:25
I fear the thoughts that I have that I don't want and that aren't true!

Dave777
19-09-07, 21:12
Simply this.... being alone.

Dave

Amosxxchick
29-03-08, 13:47
Hi i put other.

I have a fear of being sick [emetophobia].

I need someone to talk to and help me.

My fear has now actually got this bad that i may be losing my job because of this.

What upsets me tho is that people at work do not see it as a 'real phobia'

Anyone who could help i would appreciate.

x

Richie
29-03-08, 14:33
yes i too fear fear itself Jill, always so worried about "Keeping up appearences" as well thats a real big problem for me.
And i fear specifically trembling and tensing up when anxious.
And i know this is strange and don't know what you would call it but i fear where i live, the street where i live and even the town !!except for one safe room. Once i'm far away it's like a big heavy weight has been lifted.
Richie xxx

gabi
16-04-08, 14:37
Mine is wierd but its what ahs caused anxiety

Tom_M
16-04-08, 16:02
What do I fear the most? Technology, it enslaves people and it destroys society.
Since getting rid of the car and the mobile phone, I now feel as free as I did when in my younger years. I get out all the time, have lost weight, saved money, the benefits are very noticeable. The next thing to go is the cable TV and the internet, then I will be truly free from technology, and a lot happier.

Brokenx
24-05-08, 18:11
All of them

monilark
03-06-08, 23:36
I fear dying of a terminal disease, especially cancer or ALS.

I also have a fear of swimming (love the water, hate swimming)

milly jones
12-06-08, 15:39
im scared of:

people looking at me

people talking to me

me talking to people

making mistakes

feathers lol

and not being in control eg cant relax or drink to feel merry

lol

i love nmp where u can open u ur deepest hidden secrets to 'strangers'

nmp is such a safe haven for me

milly xx

DarkRose
13-06-08, 11:01
I voted 'other' because I fear dying, but in a really painful or violent way, such as a car crash - probably because I have a really bad phobia of blood and gore.
Sudden death would be good because it would be over before you realised and although a heart attack might be painful, that poll option didn't cover all the 'painful death' possibilities for me :)

I think car crash would be the worst scenario for me though, that is something I really dread and I'm always nervous in cars. It is also why I don't drive - I'm too scared to even learn :scared15:

I also fear being bitten by a snake and something bad happening to my daughter - I have nightmares about both of these sometimes, followed by a panic attack :sad:

Jaco45er
14-06-08, 09:58
I fear reading these posts lol

mariadonna24
15-06-08, 23:02
Hi my biggest fear is flying, and i also am phobic about aeroplanes, needless to say i dont get very far, i have been terrified of planes ever since i can remember,which is since i was five years old, i cannot consider a fer of flying course, i have to get over my phobia first, does anyone else have this double whammy?.

Anya
16-06-08, 00:10
Blood...
I used to be really bad with it, and what's worse is that no one I knew understood, and most people didn't really care either. I couldn't even hear someone mention blood, or I'd panic.
Then it improved over a few years, to the point where I could watch operations on the television, or watch gory films (providing they didn't focus on the blood -too- much).

Then suddenly I relapsed recently... I think I took it too far by reading wikipedia pages about blood and whatnot. Though within a few weeks, I was fine again and happily watched zombie films and trotted past blood-donation vans (they often park near my school, one on each side of the road so you have to walk between them. And someone invariably says "Imagine if they burst open!").

And then a few days ago, I had an exam which focused entirely on William Harvey, the man who discovered circulation and whatnot. And now I can't read things that talk about blood, even a little, and even writing this post has caused me to feel anxious, and I've had to change sentences because I can't even type some things.

Now why did I type so much?!

purplehaze
16-06-08, 00:41
I fear going into my fridge and not finding ice cream or a note saying IOU which would be strange as I live alone....

kaz0904
16-06-08, 10:26
I'm totally afraid of getting cancer.
What if I have it, and don't find out until it is too late?
What if I have cancer and the chemo makes me really ill?
What if I die and leave my children mother-less?

titchjd
07-08-08, 07:58
I put other as I fear ..fear itself xxxx

bab
11-08-08, 09:20
All of them!!!!

nursey4
13-08-08, 02:05
I put dying - heart attack, but in reality it is fear itself. I think I could deal with dying if I didn't have the extreme intense fear beforehand.The feeling of fear is the most disgusting, horrific, exhausting feeling imaginable to me.
I say this without having been physically tortured or living in a war-torn country ~

Liz77
18-08-08, 22:17
Going mad, my house burning down, losing someone i love...

Zaffi
20-08-08, 09:22
hI,

My "other" is that i'm needlephobic..

bab
12-09-08, 18:27
erm - everything!

brokeninpieces
12-09-08, 18:30
I'm afraid of post things. :(

Graz
16-09-08, 19:53
Other... being trapped, which could be anywhere from cars and trains to meetings and the cinema!

yor5150
27-09-08, 17:56
Of not being allowed into the Kingdom of Heaven when I die.

Clockwork
07-10-08, 13:03
I selected 'Other'. I certainly don't fear dying of a stroke as I've already had one at a young age and am living a sh--ty miserable life because of it. (and other things).

I often wish that another stroke would just finish me off in my sleep.

I selected 'Other' because the thing I fear most is not being finished off by another stroke, but instead being scraped up off the floor, hospitalised, patched up and forced to endure this miserable existence.

thinker_bell
08-10-08, 09:47
i said dying but its really a fear of being ill and dying, wen i get the scarey feelings i convince my self its because im ill and eventually gonna die!! i get the feeling alot that i have taken something without wanting to or even realising and im feeling like this because its a side effect of whatever i have taken and i am going to die... dont know if this is common or not ??
thought i wud add my 2 pence lol xxx

lennons_mammy
19-10-08, 10:43
I am thantophobic so I put dying (sudden).

Joeycrazycat
14-12-08, 20:16
Dying, heart attack especially; constantly listening to my heart when I exercise...

Diane O'Brien
14-12-08, 21:37
This is not on the poll but I want to add I,m scared of going into a deep depression again. I feel I,m on the way up now but I know that its still early days and I,m terrified off feeling like I was a few months ago. I,m scared of something bad happening to trigger my depression off again. I had some bad news last week and my mum is phoning me every day. I,m doing ok now

FINGERS CROSSED.

Mully
05-01-09, 02:57
Hmm. I don't fear going mad, as I think I am already a bit cuckoo:wacko:.. but I do fear loosing control and to be more to the point, loosing control of my bodily functions!..

Sometimes during a severe attack my body just goes through the motions of shutting down and one of the symptoms is it also wants to rid itself of stuff!.. Luckily this has happened indoors at home and I've managed to crawl to the bathroom lol.. but dammit, I am sooo scared of this happening outdoors.

I do have another phobia which is Buses... I have not been on one or near one in nearly 8 years since a rather horrid experience... I am facing that particular Demon on Wed 8th Jan .. :scared15: ... Wish me luck! ( and I'll take some rubber knickers hahaha just incase omg! )

Purple Angel
08-01-09, 13:08
Hi, I had to put 'other' as my fear is wasps and bees :scared15:. I live in fear of summer when my life is a complete hell, I even think I can hear buzzing when there isn't any! :weep:

Sarah Jane
10-01-09, 01:01
Flying, spiders, losing control, dying and some other fears.

Harry_D
10-01-09, 01:49
I'm scared to death of crowds of people =/
I don't think it is the people though.. just that I haven't got enough space to myself.

And also water going on my face. It's bloody hard to have a decent shower! And swimming is weird. I can't really swim ontop of the water,as I end up panicing a lot. But swimming under water.. I'm fine... :S

Harry

bluegirl09
25-01-09, 21:28
lll

bluegirl09
25-01-09, 21:32
I fear being alone and i fear that one day i will not be able to leave the house i will be agraphobic and all alone :-( - i go places but sometimes i have the panic attacks they are horrendous and it stops me doing things normal people would do - i lost out &#163;300 because i refused to board a flight i told my friends at the departure gate my cases had to be removed i told everyone i was scared to fly truth is i was scared too be so far from my safe haven my home

daniel_ploss
26-01-09, 15:56
i put other because what i am scared most about is loosing my best friend and girl friend because she helped me get through times that were not so great for me and she is also helping me right at this moment

fretty freda
10-02-09, 22:59
i am afraid i am going mad i am afraid what other people think of me i constantly doubt myself , wonder what the best treatment is over the past ten years i have seen many people and coming to the end of my tetther all advice welcome x

phil75
14-02-09, 00:38
You are unique, You are you, you are very self concious, itsdnot your fault,
and you are defantley not alone kid :-), think about happy times, happy people, and fight the silly thaughts, cos thats what they are :-)

:-)

flos
14-02-09, 16:41
dying and being pregnant

xx

angelhair
18-02-09, 04:16
Losing control is my biggest fear right now. But like someone else said, I fear actual fear the most even.

WEBBS
18-02-09, 19:10
I have an irrational, very scary fear of going on holiday. As with many people it's loss of control issue. I fear what might happen whilst I am away. I am scared of being homesick. And terrified I will panic, be miserable and let people down.

I know its odd but it feels very, very real.

Webbs
x

x_Shazza_x
24-02-09, 11:37
I have a number of fears. At the moment it's mostly dying or that something terrible is going to happen because of panic attacks. I'm scared of being away from a toilet because of IBS, and this had made me scared of journeys/travelling/dual carriageways. Scared of phone calls/speaking in front of people. Also scared of general things like spiders, bees, wasps, and also escalators.

finny12000
18-03-09, 18:35
I fear anxiety and adrenaline returning its like i have ptsd about the bad old days.My body couldnt handle it again one hours sleep a night sweating all the time and hot running about like a madman and absolutley no inner peace,its my worst nightmare

mom1982
21-03-09, 06:39
I fear death among other things. For many fears it comes down to the fear of losing control. I fear death cause i can't control it, i fear sickness cause i can't control it, to a certain extent.

PoppyC
21-03-09, 15:54
I fear unknown fear. That sounds mad but when I was at my worst being ill, it was an absolute fear of what I wasnt sure of, but I just had this fear and when asked to pinpoint it, I couldnt. I went thro hell with that feeling. The nearest I can get to describing it is when you wake from a nightmare and you bolt up in bed and feel panic stricken - it was like that in a way. I sometimes get this feeling of I cant cope with the world - does that make sense? Like its too busy and too many people live on the planet. I feel sometimes like I dont fit in with modern day living although I am not old fashioned and am modern. I would love to be living in victorian times for some odd reason. Ok I sound mad I know. Due to how I am I have to live in rural areas - I could not cope with a busy town or city. I have panic attacks going into built up areas. Sorry if I sound odd :(

Zsofi
21-03-09, 18:52
Strangely enough, I have the biggest fear of birds... especially pigeons. No matter where I am and what I'm doing if a pigeon comes along I just stand up and walk away. It is quite embarrassing sometimes and usually make people around me go mad when I drag them to the other side of the road just because ahead of us some pigeons are pecking peacefully... but I can't help it. I have a dreadful fear of one of them flies towards me and I can't get out of its way or something like that, brrrr...
I also still have a little fear of darkness sometimes but it is getting much better. But being alone in the dark or sleeping without being anyone around me.... omg.... it's not like I wouldn't survive but I avoid it if I can.

Does anyone else have this bird phobia? I never heard of too many people with that and others are usually just laughing at me even though it's not funny at all. Not for me. :scared15:

mom1982
22-03-09, 22:43
LOL I'm afraid of pigeons too! I can never walk past one on the street. I have to take a different route or wait for them to pass. It's not an issue for me, I just avoid them.

jessicalittler79
28-03-09, 14:52
i fear i will die in my sleep and never see my kids angain my sister passed away at age 30 in her sleep and iam so sceard to go to sleep at night

NoPoet
29-03-09, 02:04
What I really fear the most is one of my bad dreams coming true: finding myself naked, sitting on the toilet, trying to surreptitiously wipe my bum, in the entrance to the Morrisons supermarket I used to work at, with all my family and friends and former colleagues (including the checkout supervisor I used to fancy) walking past pretending not to notice.

However as this wasn't included as an option in the poll, I chose "going mad".

aveeava
29-03-09, 03:06
my biggest fear is having a heart attack. and im 20 years old, i feel like im too young to be worrying about my heart, but thats what i do constantly. i hate it.

mom1982
29-03-09, 03:19
JESS was ur sister sick or something? what was the cause of death?

sunshine-lady
29-03-09, 21:25
My biggest fear from the options is losing control!

chong
19-04-09, 13:17
:doh: MY GREATEST FEAR IS THIS..."Dying from a heart attack whenever I had palpitations or fast heart beat.":ohmy:

madelaine
23-04-09, 00:43
if a had the choice ad have chosen them all

hoji
04-05-09, 17:50
I am afraid of losing control and embarassing myself over anything big or small.

StandFree1903
06-05-09, 04:11
scared of being sick, drowning, chocking, bein the house on my own

god im ferked up lol

nikkinik
06-05-09, 09:32
I ticked going mad because there are many others that werent listed..

I fear that Im seriously ill and they havent found it yet!
I fear I'll faint/drop down in the street.. or anywhere for that matter (then I worry about who will pick up my son from school, what if he finds me!).
I fear being sick!
I fear feeling poorly in general.. the weakness etc scares me.

..maybe I shouldve ticked other!

avexhype
06-06-09, 06:50
fear of nothing phobia.

CashorHash
29-07-09, 22:24
That I will not be able to breath

nineteen
03-09-09, 15:14
im just constantly worried of having another attack....visious circle!!

mollymahoney
04-09-09, 18:05
i fear all! but my top 4 are flying, losing control, going mad, dying in no particular order.

i fear flying--the thought of having a panic attack onboard the plane, and dying from a crash.

losing control--i don't want to lose it, to do something i'd regret, to do something that people will judge me for the rest of my life and suffer stigma from.

going mad--i don't want to end up in a mental facility and be known as the girl who lost her sanity, be pitied and looked down upon. not that i'd care if i had lost it already.

dying--i don't want to die not having lived at all! is that all there is-i don't want to ask this question when i die. i want to live a good life.

luke1982
08-09-09, 22:25
Im afraid of getting cancer...not afraid of losing my mind its already gone

bellabessnjet
12-09-09, 23:18
I fear ants in my house, but I think thats because I don't have control. Overall I think my biggest fear is not feeling safe, hence my ant phobia, when they're in the house I don't feel safe. Only just working this out though!

lostgirl
13-09-09, 09:34
Mine is dying, either quickly or slowly, then fainting or getting a serious illness that would lead me to die :(