PDA

View Full Version : Spasms and fear of tourettes/stutter

PanicsAlot
27-12-08, 21:57
My anxiety is getting out of control. I have been home with the family for Christmas and have had such a lovely time, yet I have suffered really bad panic attacks. Like now, sitting in front of the tv, spasming for no reason, worrying that I'll pass out in front of my family... I'm swallowing more, breathing deep breaths and fearing I might blurt out a word like tourettes sufferers... when I've been in conversations I worry that I have a stutter or won't be able to get the words out right.

My sister gave me a beta blocker the other day and it did nothing excpet make me panic more about what that would do. I'm not breathing right sitting here now as I almost keep holding my breath then twitching or having to move for fear that I cant...

Its a viscious circle that seems to be getting worse and I don't know what to do... especially when I'm at home relaxing... :(

HELP!! xx

Lou17
29-12-08, 03:13
the more you focus upon it the more it may happen. Maybe try doing something that will distract you or relax you, listen to some relaxing music on an ipod or something similar, that always works for me. I find the more I do dwell on it the more It does happen. Or you could try taking in a deep breath through your nose when you press your middle finger onto your thumb that may work when your anxious when talking, its quite discreet.

Scared_rebecca
29-12-08, 03:25
I agree with Lou...find something to distract you!! I find playing the games on this site to be a good distractor! I also find reading, or calling a friend really helps! If your panic-ing when your around them, then try some deep breathing, or positive self-talk! That always helps me. I get panicky when my family is around me too, and most of the time there is no reason, it just comes out of the blue! Good Luck ( Hugs)