PDA

View Full Version : Steriotypical gemini on the outside

xxxGINAxxx
28-12-08, 00:46
Hi there everyone, I'm Gina married mum of 3 beautifull little girl's.
Yesterday I started taking Fluoxetine and I stumbled across this site on my voyage for more information about both the tablets and the thing's I am going through both pysically and mentally, I have had a huge number of thing's happen in my life, My first husband dying when I was 21 and our daughter was only 6 months old was one of the main things, I am 28 now and since then 4 of my grandparents have died, my mum has got ill, my step dad has a progressive illness that as the name suggests is progressing and my dad is also seriously ill with another progressive illness. The main stable person who I have always turned to is loosing her marble's and pretty much everyone in my family only ever talks to me to put me down or complain I am doing something wrong because its not how they would do it and after all these years I'm breaking, Everyday I struggle to keep it all in and up untill recently it was only thoughts in my head and hidden tears, but when we had the pressure quake in february of this year it all changed and my inside depression broke out and I have started having what we believe to be anxioty attacks most nights, I constantly hear noises and can feel rumbling in the ground beneath me, and all of a sudden I get panicky and tearfull and feel uncontrolably sick, so hoping for a happy xmas I finally decided to go to a doctor who put me on these tablet's but after reading up on the side effect I decided to wait untill yesterday to start them, so fearing the side effects and the fear of becoming a pill junkie (I dont even normally take paracetamol) I thought I'd try get as much info and advice as possible maybe even find some people who understand how I'm feeling.
Ok so thats me (kind of) nice to meet you and hopefully we can chat sometime and try help each other out.
Gina

Patty
28-12-08, 01:01
Hi Gina, :)

A big :welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been through such a difficult time.

Best wishes xx :bighug1:

pooh
28-12-08, 08:50
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

I take fluoxetine and have done for about 8 months now. I would definately say it has helped. yes there were some initial side effects but they all faded away and the drug therapy kicked in nicely. check out the medication section of the forum for more info.

Pooh x

sunshine-lady
28-12-08, 18:04
Hi gina,

Sorry to hear that there is so much going on in your life at the moment.

:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too:biggrin: