PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

dwyerkca
28-12-08, 14:24
I have joined this website on the hope of understanding things a bit more. I have a ten year old son who has just started having panis attacks, he thinks that he cannot breathe when he can. This only started happening a couple of days ago. Myself and my wife have tried to keep his mind off things and talk to him about it but when he starts thinking again it starts all over again.
So I thought that I would introduce myself before scouring the forums.

lorac
28-12-08, 16:26
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will find it very helpful and just by reading the posts on here it will give you an insight into what your son is going through.

I am sorry to hear that your son is having panic attacks, they are hard enough for us adults to understand so I can imagine how hard it is for a child. As a child I used to suffer from anxiety so I do understand how he feels.

This is a good site with lots of information and many good people who are always willing to offer advice and support so don't hesitate to ask anything. You sound like very supportive parents and I wish you all a better New Year.

Carol

bluesparkle
28-12-08, 17:09
hello
my youngest daughter suffers from panic/anxiety attacks she is now 13 but it has been happening for a few years.
she suffers from asthma and thats what everyone thought was wrong but it is not the same i am a sufferer myself but that doesnt really make it any easier when its your child thats suffering there are a few mums on here with youngsters that suffer.
also can i say that now she understands whats happen ing it is getting easier to control.
you will get lots of support here
have a really good look around and keep posting cos it helps to know you are not alone
rach
x

sunshine-lady
28-12-08, 17:32
Hi
:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too:biggrin:

wonderpineapple
29-12-08, 07:58
HEY and WELCOME to NMP! I hope you find the advice and support here helful as much as i have!