PDA

View Full Version : you can do it too !!!!!

dawny
28-12-08, 18:58
hi all,

i just wanted to tell you all about my success story.....:)

ive suffered with panic and anxiety for about 3 years, ive had times of severe agrophobia, deppression...lol...so you might say ive been through the mill, as most of you have on here....

this last year i have moved twice, 600 miles from my original home in the midlands to the isle of skye...so i decided when we moved this was going to be a time of healing and finally getting better....

firstly,i decided it was time to lose the fear and start living again...im not saying there hasn't been set backs, lorac, could tell you about them...lol... but the good days outweigh the bad ones....i came to the conclusion that if i was going to die in the supermarket, then so be it...if i was going to pass out in the street, then so be it....i just lost the fear.....therefore i can now shop, eat out, join in !.....

ive always loved being around people and that had been a nightmare, social anxiety was one of the worst things i had to deal with, but i have managed to overcome this aswell, i just relax....

this site was a complete godsend to me, i learnt so much about my illness and realised i wasnt alone.....i wasn't mad...and there isn't anything to be embarassed about...

i want anyone suffering with what ive been through to realise things can get better, you can live again, just trust yourself and lose the fear.

dawny xxxxx:)

lorac
28-12-08, 19:07
Dawny that was lovely to read and I am so proud of you. You and I have seen each other through some real tough times and I always knew you would get your life back because you were so determined.

Thanks for all the help you have given me Dawny and I wish you much luck with your future.

Well done

Carol xx

belle
28-12-08, 19:28
GREAT STORY!

x

Anna C
28-12-08, 22:55
Hi Dawny,

That's a lovely success story.
You're right about the fear, its about facing it until its no longer scary which is so very hard to do!

I'm learning to 'feel the fear but do it anyway' through CBT, done slowly and taking small steps, its still hard and still scary. Although at least now I'm starting to believe I can get better.

Well done :yesyes:

Anna x

dawny
29-12-08, 10:07
anna,

keep at it, its a long slow process, took me 3 years and i still have hairy momments, but i do feel i can face any situation now....good luck.

thanks tetley and belle xxxxx

dawny xxxxx

Missy69
29-12-08, 16:30
Nice to hear your success story. i to am losing all the fear and getting on well, have a few hurdles to go yet, but will get there im sure.

Thanks for sharing your story, it gives a lot of people hope xxx

Patty
29-12-08, 17:30
Hi Dawny, :)

I am so pleased to hear of your success - WELL DONE!! :yesyes: :yesyes:

Best wishes xx :hugs:

Anna C
29-12-08, 18:45
Hi Dawny,

I just wanted to say thank you for your encouragement.

Also reading posts like this one has really helped me when I have had bad days, as I think if other people can get through this so can I!

Well done for being so positive and determined.:)

Anna x

miss_worry
29-12-08, 19:27
Hi Dawny

Congratulations, it is so uplifting to read a post like yours - a true inspiration to all of us. Thanks for sharing.

Vxxx

EmmaJane
29-12-08, 19:40
Wll done Dawny. Hope all goes well xx

dawny
31-12-08, 11:56
thankyou everyone for your replies xxxxx

dawny xxxxx

BasilCat
31-12-08, 17:57
Thats absolutely great Dawny. I am really pleased for you. Like you, I have been through the mill with anxiety/panic/agoraphobia over the years and I know exactly how hard it is to get over it all. So you have done marvellous. As for me, I am just at that stage where the fear is starting to disolve nicely and I have been pushing my self to do things for quite a while now - and its paying off.

Best Wishes
Shirley

monika
06-01-09, 21:13
Hi Dawny. Thats amazing what you have accomplished :) Good JOB! :)

My anxiety's been pretty good in the last two weeks. But in the last couple of days its been on the bumpy side again, and all those old fears i havent thought about in weeks are coming up again. I working now to learn how to forget the fears and live in peace. fears a tough one lol.

congragulations :)

sunshine-lady
06-01-09, 21:50
Hi Dawny

Well done for facing you fears head on and starting to do the things you once most feared, You are a true inspiration to us all.
xxxx