PDA

View Full Version : Hello - anxiety disorder and fed up with it.

Crystaltips
28-12-08, 21:58
Hi, have just found this site after rooting about online. I have been off work for two months now with 'general anxiety disorder'.

I had been juggling having my young son in hospital following an accident, from which he had to have a couple of operations, with making up lost hours at work, and in the end something happened at work that tipped me over the edge, and resulted in me coping with nothing!

My legs have constantly been like jelly, I have been shaky, having panic attacks, worrying about walking down to school and going out. But I have kept on going out, I wouldn't let 'IT' beat me. My tummy is upset every morning, and I had felt sick. I've been very niggly, and short on patience. I've just felt horrible and unsettled.

I have refused medication, and have been referred for some counselling.

I haven't been too bad over the last week, my legs had got better and the shakiness had stopped a lot. I haven't had a panic attack for a couple of weeks now.

But today it has revved up again. I worried about going out with a friend today, and feel all jittery again. Work have been in touch and want to see me and discuss an action plan to return. But I don't feel I can at the moment.

But should I go back, and 'just get on with it'? Like distraction? or will it make me worse again, back to when I was really bad a few weeks ago.I don't know really.

I have no idea what the counselling will do, and how effective it will be. I'm normally a very cheerful person, very light hearted, and never confrontational. Thats why I shoked about how this has got to me.

sunshine-lady
28-12-08, 22:06
Hi
:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too:biggrin:

Patty
29-12-08, 17:39
Hi Crystaltips, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :hugs:

marie1974
29-12-08, 17:58
hi and welcome to nmp and happy new year, i know u will find lots of support and advice here and make new friends too hugs xxx

weeble40
30-12-08, 23:10
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx