Did anyone read it? Here is the link.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/dec/27/internet-medical-advice

nickieb
29-12-08, 10:03
Hmmmm uncanny!
Its me! xxx

sunshine-lady
29-12-08, 21:34
It's great that the likes of the Gaurdian are covering anxiety. Sounds like many, many of the members here!

Rebecca77
29-12-08, 22:38
Hi, I am glad you have read the guardian article, it was actually me... I answered a request for an interview through this forum which was totally out of character for me but i felt it might be theraputic, and that it may also help others as well as me. When I joined this forum i read so many other peoples experiences and many times i could have been the one who wrote them. This forum helped give me the confidence to do the interview and you never know i may get some interesting feedback which i can pass on to others. Anyway if it is useful to someone it will have been worth braving the freezing cold beach for a photo. lol x
Rebecca x

bab
29-12-08, 23:01
wow - it sounds just like me its so uncanny

decca
03-01-09, 19:10
With me it's more a feeling of constant tension,unsteadyness and sudden brain zapps which on a bad day tend to lead to panic attacks.

Decca.

Missy69
03-01-09, 19:14
Awwww well done rebecca, im sure everyone will like reading your artical and also feel better knowing or as they say "they could have wrote it themselves " look forward to any feed back you get from doing this

Henry1234
04-01-09, 10:23
True Sarah - again this could have been me writing this article

Mark

jwrm1
04-01-09, 13:46
Hi, forum newbie here :-)

One thing that I find more encouraging year by year is the respectful coverage anxiety issues are getting in the media.

Its good to see that people are getting educated about what people with anxiety have to go through on a daily basis.

Thanks for posting the link.

Dublin_Man
04-01-09, 18:06
but still f**k all is done for it

there must be some sort of thing they can do ?? with all the cancer scans etc

surely they can sort domething

saw a programe with a bloke with parkinsons and he was shaking violently and they put some sort of pace macker in his stomach and electrodes in the brain and it sends electric currents etc and he never shakes anymore , he'll always have parkinsons , but no physical symptoms , deep brain something something ( cant think of the rest ) and he was ok and exact same thing with a man with epilepsy , and cured him from seigers , he hadnt left house in 9 years over them they were so bad

so my question is with all these studies , surely they can sort something concrete to help people

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter