PDA

View Full Version : Hello :-)

shybabyboo
30-06-05, 03:53
My name is Jenn, Im 18 and I suffer from Social Anxiety, Panic Attacks, General Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and Depression. Whew, thats alot! :-P Ive also been told that I have a bit of an anger problem [B)]I had my first Panic Attack about 4 years ago and as time went on I started getting the others.

I had ended up dropping out of school in the 8th grade because of the anxiety and had tried going back the next year, which was high school. (dont know why they passed me, but they did :P) I went for about a month or so and quit but got homeschooled the rest of the year. I passed again but never went back the year after that. So since I dont go to school and I dont have a job, theres really nothing for me to do but sit in the house. Every once in awhile I'll go somewhere with my mom but not very often.

I was on paxil at one time but had to be taken off of it cause my doctor thought i was becoming a bit to dependant on it. Awhile after getting off of the medicine I went to a councilor but had stopped going cause it wasnt helping, i then started going to a different councilor, who also councils my mom and her husband, but it wasnt working out with that one either. Lately I've been looking at the Natural Remedies and have been thinking about trying that.

I havent really had any friends since Ive had this. The one best friend that I did have and that I practically grew up with I guess didnt want to hang out with me because I never wanted to go anywhere but to stay in the house and watch some movies or something and she wanted to go to the mall or drive around. The last time I saw her was about 2 months ago and the whole time I felt nervous and shakey. I dont know if its cause I havent seen her in so long or cause my mom wasnt right there (she was upstairs talking to my friends mom) but Its just a little awkward [Sigh...]

Well, I guess thats about it, sorry if its a bit long and boring.

pinkscrumpy
30-06-05, 08:28
Hi Jenn

A big warm welcome.

I'm sure you will find the help and support you wish for and plenty of friends

[^][^][^]

MANDIE XX

jill
30-06-05, 08:51
Hi Jenn,

WELCOME TO THE SITE.

There are lots of nice people here who will
help and support you.

TAKE CARE LOVE JILLXXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

ems
30-06-05, 11:06
hiya jenn

i no how you feel i was yuong to when i had my frist attack and im 22 now and you friends they just dont understand
you will have loads of help here and sure your make new ones

take care
emma/ems

emmajohnson

Barb
30-06-05, 11:20
Hi Jen

Welcome to the site, you have come to the right place for help and support. I also lost a lot of friends it seems they just cant handle it.

Barb x

psycho2000
30-06-05, 11:40
Hi Jen!!

Welcome to this forum. If you wanna talk, feel free to drop me a PM ok!!

Sam.

One day, one day I will beat u and that day, I will be free again, as I was before...

pips
30-06-05, 12:57
Hi Jen,

A BIG warm welcome to the forum hun hope we can help you.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

Meg
30-06-05, 13:07
Jenn,

Welcome to the site

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

If you're now searching for ways to help yourself then you can do it but you will need to be prepared for putting yourself into difficult and uncomfortable situations in order to progress.

** So since I dont go to school and I dont have a job, theres really nothing for me to do but sit in the house**

Being bored and unfocussed will not be helping your situation at all, so you may want to look into persuing a hobby or some at home education. When you get better you'll be better off if you can show that you have been doing some ongoing studies or persuing an interest.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kairen
30-06-05, 15:34
Hi Jenn

Welcome to the site,
you will get lots of help and support here, and im sure make a few friends,

take care

kairen x

Mcched
30-06-05, 16:09
Hi Jenn

Welcome aboard!!!!

nomorepanic
30-06-05, 18:23
Hi Jenn

Welcome aboard.

Do your health issues stop you from working or is it something else?

Perhaps you could do some voluntary work to get you out of the house each day.

All may not be lost with your best friend - why not call her up or write to her and explain the issues you have and she may be more understanding - just a thought anyway.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"