PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all and what a nightmare which has returned!..

AshmanUK
29-12-08, 01:50
Hi all im posting in this section inparticular as ive registered with the forum and am hoping at least to get some encouragement as im having a complete nightmare with imo out of all the symptoms ive ever had since suffering with anxiety for what now, 13 odd years...ectopics..missed skipped beats...speeding up n slowing down!.:weep:

Basically ive had anxiety from around the age of 22(im 35 yrs old) and have suffered from it on and off with mainly the physical symptoms being the problem but in the last few years have felt pretty well and nearly symptom free..or nothing i could not deal with.

Well within, for some reason, the last three days and ive had this symptom strongly before, but not as bad as now, 2 or 3 years ago, ectopics/missed/skipped beats have returned with an absolute furious vengence and on boxing day it went on all day till the early hours, i got hardly any sleep going into saturday when i still went to work, i felt fine at work and sat night funnily enough.

I went to work on sunday having plenty of sleep and at work i could feel it a lil but tonight..i cant sit down still for more or less than 20 secs without dreading and anticipating another quick skipped/missed beat/ectopic and its keeping me up, like on boxing day till i cant physically stay awake anymore as i find that if i do anything but walk about around the house it comes on within at the most 30 secs.

These are coming in single/multiple(even worse this feels) batchies aswell as i can feel it every so often in that area but also my stomach is rumbling alot and feels like crap aswell so im thinking im wondering if this is something gastric thats causing this as ive always had the odd missed beat over the years which dont bother me much but this is constant and is a complete nightmare!.

Hmm not much more to say now as yes i spose ive been able to sit and type this without feeling anything but, ive never had it like this in all the years ive suffered from various symptoms..including this one. Atm im also going through a break up with ex after 8 n half years which ended 2 months ago so i spose that adds to it aswell.

The last time it got anyway near this level i had an ecg at my docs where i used to live and of course it came up fine n all that and have lost complete faith in doctors ever doing anything for me with this problem tbh.

I just hope it simmers down a lil cause the dread of the next one coming on..(which it simply is doing no mind thinking it will..) makes it mentally so draining aswell.

Hope that all came across well and i cant sympathise enough with fellow sufferers on this one...a complete nightmare.

edit: i also am noticing as ive read alot of time with ectopics before that im getting a hell of alot of what feels like acid and trapped wind/burping but not bringing it up properly
as my stomach feels in knots half the time aswell.

kestral
29-12-08, 18:21
hi ashman. ive been having all the sensations your having and had various checks by doctors over the past few years. only this morning i had a sudden speeding up of my heart which only lasted for a few seconds but has affected me all day. im in a constant mode of anxiety expecting the worst and feel weak in my legs etc. the doc told me it was electric impulses from my heart that caused these strange beats etc but the results of the tests showed it was not harmful to me. that being said it doesnt stop me from dreading the next occurance of these nasty things.

never2late
29-12-08, 21:58
Ashman, is there any possibility that you could find it in yourself to simply sit or lie down, and just let them do their worst -- without having a worry? If you can manage to do this, you'll find yourself in disbelief as to how quickly they retreat.

I had a few recent episodes myself -- one in particular that lasted overnight into the next day, and found myself in the hospital. Turns out, as it does with most, nothing is wrong physically with my heart or anything else.

So the next time they came on, I was so fed up with them, that I just told them to "go ahead and do whatever it is you're going to do and get it over with" (I was really, really fed up).

I just sat down and waited for them to do whatever it was they were going to do. I was at the end of my ropes, and at the moment, I did not care about the outcome.

They were gone within 10 minutes. I have not had another episode since (knock on wood).

AshmanUK
29-12-08, 22:01
Yeah kestral i know exactly how you feel on this one for sure.

Well today or this morning i finally managed to get to sleep at around 5am..(couldnt physically stay awake any longer) woke up at 9am then went back to sleep and woke up at midday.

Today it has not been as bad as i only seem to be getting occasional ectopics like before for some reason again and maybe its because anything less now than the other night/two nights ago will never feel as bad.

Saying that i went to the chemist this afternoon and got some gavilast heartburn/acid tablets and have took ones and dont feel to bad at all this evening so fingers crossed this may simmer down now a little.

Im still going to my doctors in the morning though( i aint gonna be fooled into thinking..oh ive had a better day so it will be ok now) where im gonna demand a full check up and ask for something prescribed thats alot stronger with dealing with acid and indigestion/gastric problems as ive always thought the two were linked.

Reassurance about my health more than anything will help some.

AshmanUK
29-12-08, 22:05
Ashman, is there any possibility that you could find it in yourself to simply sit or lie down, and just let them do their worst -- without having a worry? If you can manage to do this, you'll find yourself in disbelief as to how quickly they retreat.

I had a few recent episodes myself -- one in particular that lasted overnight into the next day, and found myself in the hospital. Turns out, as it does with most, nothing is wrong physically with my heart or anything else.

So the next time they came on, I was so fed up with them, that I just told them to "go ahead and do whatever it is you're going to do and get it over with" (I was really, really fed up).

I just sat down and waited for them to do whatever it was they were going to do. I was at the end of my ropes, and at the moment, I did not care about the outcome.

They were gone within 10 minutes. I have not had another episode since (knock on wood).

You are definetely right never2late as i got to the point early this morning when i was at my worst where i could not sit still/sit/lay down and i was physically drained and i managed(somehow) to ease my self into a laying down position in bed where it was not quite as bad and then i simply fell asleep.

I have been getting them today and are getting them sat here as i speak but im not as bothered about that sensation atm because it just could not get any worse than the other night.

It seems fear breeds fear in anticipating the next one as you so rightly say.

Im just taking this bad episode or trying to, day by day but the "so what who cares what happens if i get another one attitude" seems ultimately the only way for them to dimish a little.

AshmanUK
11-02-09, 01:13
Hmm well ive been real good this last month or so since i went to my docs just after these nasty episodes i had and insisted(well lets face it docs always seem to be told what the problem is) that i needed something to help with my digestion.

He prescribed me with stuff called Mucogel which is(according to the bottle) a Co-magaldrox suspension..basically relief from hyperacidity.

Over the last month i have felt better and better and have bearly had any probs as i was taking this stuff four times a day, once after each meal time, breakfast, dinner n tea and before bedtime.

I have tried to cut down as advised by the doc the other week and ive found.(yes this is why im up at this early hour).that doing this has made them return again and tonite i forgot to take my normal dose of this stuff after my big tea and lo behold ive been tryin to lie down and get to sleep and cant so have had to get up and take some more of this stuff.

I feel reall tired but not fearfull actually and now im absolutely certain its indegestion, gastric related as i had cut down on taking this stuff..big mistake will keep my normal dose going.

Doc says i can take this stuff for as long as i want if needed..well it looks that bleedin way atm!..:-(.

Aswell tho things personally have been real difficult recently and stressfull so that obviously does not help the situation either.

Sorry had to rant and that was more of an update.

CGI
11-02-09, 09:48
Hi Ashman,

Have found this thread very interesting because I suffer from ectopics and also have gastric issues. Especially heart burn and rumbling stomach. I've never heard the connection to ectopics before, so that was interesting...

One thing though - and it comes back to stress...

Stress can cause problems with the gut: so the root cause may still be stress and anxiety.

Cheers

AshmanUK
14-02-09, 10:51
Wel cgi the last two or three nights ive had it really bad but it does not seem to make me feel ill now but i can still physically feel it doing this in my chest.

However though personally i have been reaching breaking point with various things so that definetely has not helped and even during the last few days sitting here, it was doing it every minute or other minute at least.

Today though it seems to have subsided and im thinking that well it could not get much worse so obviously with the attitude maybe it may decide to go away for awhile.

Who knows...but the fear side of it is going now i think as once its constantly there for awhile..sounds ridiculous..you start to get used to it..thus the fear factor starts to drop a little..bit by bit.