PDA

View Full Version : my experience of citalopram

Granny Primark
29-12-08, 14:07
I started taking the antidpressants a month ago.
Theyve been doing me the world of good. Felt loads calmer and began to feel like the old Lynn. The morbid thoughts had gone and the panic wasnt half as bad.
Then last Tuesday I went the docs and got a repeat prescription. Because of all the Xmas excitement I forgot to get the tabs.
I thought no worries id get them sat.
BIG mistake!
I had a glass of wine xmas day with my lunch and I was fine.
Xmas night I had 2 small glasses of tia maria.
Fine again.
Boxing day I was like someone off the planet!!!!!
Cant hardly remember the day.
Yesterday my hubby went and got my repeat prescription.
I just want to warn others to be so careful if you suddenly stop taking them and also about the terrible effects alcahol can do you you when you take them.
Sadly it ruined Xmas for us.

STEPHYUNO
29-12-08, 15:14
Yeah that is similar to my experience also, sadly I have made the bigger mistake in my life of combining not just with alcohol, but with unprescribed drugs, such as cocaine and speed, this drug misuse has become an offshoot of the anxiety and low mood and I am currently addressing it, I know it can't go on if I am to be stable and hopefully content again,but it aint easy.

ditsy
01-01-09, 13:58
Hi
Last night being New Year's eve, l had a few gasses of wine. It did make me feel very tipsy, quite quickly into the evening. I started to feel nauseous later on in the night and it' still with me now. I couldn't get my head off the pillow this morning as l was very dizzy so had to stay in bed all morning..... No worries there!!

I will certainly be laying off the wine whilst on these meds. My memory of yesterday evening is blurry. I know that l had a great time and probably entertained my friends, but it's not worth the fuzziness and sicky feeling today. I remember having lots of water and tea throughout but still woke up with the hangover from hell:shrug: