PDA

View Full Version : Depression, anxiety caused by husband!

Tamsam
29-12-08, 20:03
Hi

Female, in her early 30s. Went through a huge breakdown a few years ago but managed to pick myself up via relaxation, st johns wart, counselling-anything BUT anti-depressants. I have started to slip again but this time have accepted the anti-depressants as i cannot afford to take years to recover. Problems are caused by an abusive husband and lack of support to get out of the situation. I have now sorted myself out financially and will be taking the steps to move on away from him. I plan to keep on the pills until i have safely made the move away from him..........

sunshine-lady
29-12-08, 21:07
Hi Tamsam,

Sorry to hear that you are in an abusive relationship, but pleased to hear that you are taking positive steps to get yourself away safely

:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too:biggrin:

MammaT
29-12-08, 23:53
Hi Tamsam

I was in the same situation as you and ended up going to a refuge with my 3 children. It's not easy and you do need support try googling Refuge as they have lots of helpful information online and numbers you can call.

It's important to stay safe, I don't want to freak you out but the most dangerous time is when you leave please try and get some support so you're not alone. I think the pills will help as you need to concentrate on getting yourself out of a dangerous place.

Take care - you can do this and your life will be better afterwards even if it takes a while for you to get back on your feet it will be worth it.

xxx

weeble40
30-12-08, 23:02
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx