PDA

View Full Version : Hi to fellow sufferers, need a chat

lissylady67
29-12-08, 22:35
Hi,
My name is Lisa and I am from Kent. I suffer with panic attacks, anxiety & depression. My panic attacks started whilst I was living away in Ireland, I was at the airport coming back to the uk for my nan's funeral and I had the biggest panic attack of my life, like I was having a heart attack which is how most people feel when getting the very first one. I eventually moved back home (uk) and it never got better. The doctor put me on beta blockers to start with which never helped. I eventually got agoraphobia and never left the house for a few years, I always tried to get go out but didnt like it. My marriage was not a happy one although my husband at the time did look after me very well. I did start to get out gradually and was put on seroxat which really helped, and eventually got a job and felt ok. I was still restricted what I done, ie could not go into a busy shopping centre or venture to far away from home. My marriage eventually broke down comnpletely and I met someone else, started to feel fairly good again but not 100%. 5 years ago I was coming off my meds and was doing ok, then something bad in my family happened and I had a break down, had severe depression for approx 4 months where I was stuck in the house, could not face other people did not eat etc etc. I had to learn to do everything again. I am now back on seroxat for me these are brilliant. I still have some bad days, but I am able to do alot of things on my own now, go shopping etc etc, like today after all the stress over xmas I feel exhausted and had a panic attack in a shop and had to run out. But I fight it all the time and wonder will my life ever get back to normal as I am constantly tired.

Patty
30-12-08, 00:44
Hi Lisa, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :hugs:

sunshine-lady
30-12-08, 01:25
Hi Lisa
:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too:biggrin:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

lorac
30-12-08, 13:01
Hi Lissylady

Welcome to the site I think you will get lots of good advice and support on here. I too would recommend the Clair Weeks downloads coz they helped me very much.

Take care

Carol

kellie
30-12-08, 20:33
:welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.

weeble40
30-12-08, 22:57
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Veronica H
31-12-08, 09:37
:welcome: to NMP. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'Self help for your nerves' published by Thorsons ISBN 978-0-7225-3155-6. This is available from the NMP Shop. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. Her recordings can be downloaded free to your MP3 from the NMP Shop too. Glad that you have found us. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica