PDA

View Full Version : done it

vernon
30-06-05, 14:32
Hi thanks for your support have finely had my surgery this morning, just this minute back. They booked me to stay overnight but as I have good family they let me go on condition I go in the morning for them to look at my eye. I did stay awake like I wanted the anaesthetist gave me good sedation soon as I arrived which put me to sleep within half an hour next thing I knew they said come mr read time for surgery. I was fully aware of all that happened but amazingly I was pretty calm and relieved it’s done at last. Don’t know how well I can se yet as the dressing has to stay on until the morning. The needles in the eye where unpleasant but so glad its over. Will post later and let u all know rest as its hard to see at the moment trying to hold glasses against my eye as I cant wear with the big dressing. Thanks all so much for you help. Vernon

Meg
30-06-05, 14:34
This is a continuation of :
feeling sick (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4110)
last day :( (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4131)

Many many many congratulations on going and getting it done, Vern

What a tremendous success for you . We are all very proud of you

Love
Meg

seh1980
30-06-05, 14:57
[Wow!] a BIG congrats to you Vern!! Am so proud of you!! Bet you feel very relieved that it's over :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

vernon
30-06-05, 15:00
Thanks Meg much harder to see at the moment with this great big patch lol but do feel on a high and much better. I told the anethatis about chest pain and feeling sick and he gave me something for that to. The sedative was only tablet form but gosh put me to sleep in no time and they had to wake me to take me to the operating theatre. But glad I stayed awak as wife and daughter where quite bad with beng sick and tired for a couple of days having a GA. Thanks again u all really helped me so much. Had I not gone I think my depression would have went sky high, been putting this of for over two years now.

kairen
30-06-05, 15:28
Oh Well done I'm so proud of you,

Your very brave it must have been so hard for you but you did it

and dont have to worry about it any more what a relief Eh

take care

kairen x

kate
30-06-05, 15:34
Vern ,

Well done to you! so glad that you had the operation, hope your sight will be a lot better now.

Love Katexx

Mcched
30-06-05, 15:56
Cogratulations vernon!!

Well done for today!!! :)[Wow!]

You did it, feel proud!!!!

Nikki

vernon
30-06-05, 16:13
thanks all u all helped me with this xxx

leo05
30-06-05, 16:32
well done vernon

hope everything goes well tomorrow even though it will do im sure

your braver than me for having needles LOL

take care [8D]

leanne

carlin
30-06-05, 18:16
Hi Vern.
am so relieved for you, i know how difficult this has been......you are very brave, well done..speak later i hope xxxxx

tattybear
30-06-05, 18:25
Excellant Vernon!!

Am realy chuffed for you that it is finally done & over with as I know how hard you were finding it....WELL DONE!!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery:D

Tatty B xx

nomorepanic
30-06-05, 19:04
A big hug for you VERN and well done for doing it.

Hope you are not in too much pain and I really hope it has helped your eyesight.

xxx

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Quirky
30-06-05, 19:19
Congratulations, knew you could do it.
Good luck tomorrow,
LJ

vernon
30-06-05, 20:14
thanks al u all helped me get there xxxx

jill
30-06-05, 22:46
I am sooooo Happy for you Vern :D

WELL DONE :D

TAKE CARE

WISHING YOU WELL

BIG HUG LOVE JILLXXX[:X]

alexis
30-06-05, 22:46
Hi Vern, you have done real well, to post and get into chat on same day too you are brill, well done, Love Alexis,xxx

vernon
30-06-05, 22:50
thanks all lol i had to cut a pair of old glasses in half to get on over the dressing, couldnt wait to thank u all

henri
30-06-05, 22:51
oh vern that is fantastic news, WELL DONE!
i am very proud of you. sounds pretty traumatic, you were very brave to go through with it, congratulations xxx

EmmaJane
30-06-05, 23:14
Oh Vernon, very well done, you can do anything, it was really good to hear that.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

BrandyK
30-06-05, 23:59
Great Job Vernon.

Congratulations...

Brandy :D

zena
01-07-05, 12:09
WHOA.........CONGRATS TO YOU HONEY.

Well done Vernon on your huge day.
If I was in the same room I would come over and give you a big hug.

Proud of you!!
Take care

with good wishes

Zena

clickaway
01-07-05, 13:04
Hey well done, Vernon!!!

Haven't spoke to you much lately but I knew how big this was for you.

Hey, we'll carry on using bold in chat for now lol

Take Care, mate!

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

pips
01-07-05, 17:19
Well done Verny hun i'm so pleased for you. You are so brave and have done so well i am proud of you.

Heres to a good recovery mate!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

mjh74
02-07-05, 16:04
Excellent Vernon, well done!!! The needle in the eye isn't toooo bad really is it! Well, mine was more of a flat blade type thing that cut the surface of the eye.

Now you'll be able to look at all our beautiful pictures more clearly with any luck! lol

Mark

Karen
02-07-05, 19:39
Well done Vern. Hope your recovery is going well.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

jill
02-07-05, 22:29
Thinking of you Vern

Hope everything is going well.

LOVE JILLXX

Meg
02-07-05, 22:50
Vern- how were you when the dressing came off ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...