PDA

View Full Version : Back from endoscopy

jannnne
30-12-08, 15:10
Well I cried like a baby and a complete nut case. They were very kind let my oh come in with me gave me throat and sedation and i still could not swallow the wretched thing. I cant remember but hubby says they got to my gag reflex and i waved my hands and started to sit up and pull it out. They tried 4 times. So now I have to wait about a month or so to see consultant and decide what to do next. My anxiety levels are sky high now as I am paranoid I will have cancer and die as I stopped them spotting it in time. Thanks everyone for your support I would be lost without you all xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ladybird64
30-12-08, 15:21
Well I cried like a baby and a complete nut case. They were very kind let my oh come in with me gave me throat and sedation and i still could not swallow the wretched thing. I cant remember but hubby says they got to my gag reflex and i waved my hands and started to sit up and pull it out. They tried 4 times. So now I have to wait about a month or so to see consultant and decide what to do next. My anxiety levels are sky high now as I am paranoid I will have cancer and die as I stopped them spotting it in time. Thanks everyone for your support I would be lost without you all xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm sorry that you are feeling so much anxiety but can I just congratulate you on even getting there? You tried hun, not once but you let them attempt the procedure 4 times, I do believe you did your best.
I don't have HA but anxiety is anxiety whatever the cause so I have an inkling of how rough you must feel. Try and stop the cycle that is in motion, nobody has mentioned cancer have they? You were just undergoing a very common investigation in regard to reflux, nothing more.

Take care :flowers:

belle
30-12-08, 15:24
Sorry to hear that :(

x

sunshine-lady
30-12-08, 15:36
Sorry things didn't go too well and you are feeling so anxious at the moment, but you did well to get there in the first place, so at least be proud of that.

I agree with Ladybird, nobody has mentioned cancer. I went for an endoscopy a few years ago and yes it was bloody awful, but they found out I had a hernia and now a couple of tablets each day and I am fine.

Please try not to beat yourself up about it, I am sure that things will be sorted out next month when you see the consultant.

jannnne
30-12-08, 15:44
I am trying to tell myself that after 5 months of symptoms I would be a lot worse by now if it was cancer, although my acid reflux is worse, my blood test were all fine a few months ago.

girlrock
30-12-08, 19:07
I'm so proud of you for going and letting them try!!! So did you remember what happened? Or are you just going on what your hubby said? Gag reflexes are terrible...mine is pretty sensitive too. That's my fear about an endoscopy. But at least you saw now that even though you were sleepy you were still able to stop them and they didn't hold you down and force, right? :) Sooo proud of you!!! :bighug1: Yes and you are right...I think after 5 months you'd probably be a lot sicker. Don't worry, your doctor said they could do other tests.

jiggy
30-12-08, 22:36
well done for going xxx sorry it didnt go well but least u went xxx all the best for 09 xxxxx

hendey
31-12-08, 00:18
i don't blame ya, i've had the misfortune of having one done, and didn't like it one bit, i felt like someone was attacking with the garden hose. A friend of mine had it done, and they could not go thorugh with it, and they are as calm as a cucumber, they just can't swallow things. I was like yourself, convinced I had cancer, or at the very least an ulcer, and they said it was merly anxiety, they found nothing at all wrong and simply said that the acid cuased was a result of both anxiety and my diet, it utrned out i had been eating too many bad things, such as lots of garlic. Anyway, hang in thier my lovley, you did very well, i'm sure they will just do a baroium meal test next, which is much eaisier, you just swallow a liqiud and have an X ray done,

keep the faith

xxx

jannnne
31-12-08, 11:08
Hi, I coughed up a dark red blood clot last night do you think I will be ok? I wonder where it came from ?? Urgh panic now as I screwed up my endoscopy . Thank you everyone for all your kindess and support I am sooo grateful x

hendey
01-01-09, 09:45
Probably just a result of the endoscopy, especially if you were panicking, the tube may have just scratched your gullet a bit. If it continues, or you wish for peace of mind, perhaps a visit to the doctors, or better yet a ring to number given after your endoscopy.

hang in there

xxx