PDA

View Full Version : I made it to the park!!

Mcched
30-06-05, 15:27
Hi Everyone.

Well this morning I woke up with yet another on/off headache. (Had it now for a week) GP says its tension. Stuck a migraine ice patch on my head and went back to sleep. If I take an more ibruprofen I am goona look like one. It worked, woke again quite positive. The anxiety I have is when I have to go out on my own, like to the corner shop, park etc. I get dead nervous before hand and then the anxiety wells up so when I actually set foot outside I have an impending sense of doom, dizziness and loss of orientation.

So I decided upon a trip to the local park, a journey I do regularly with my partner and dogs. On my own. No time to think about it I just went for it. I was so worried as I walked along but spoke to my dog instead. As I crossed the main road I felt dizzy but because I hadn't had breakfast blamed it on that. I so wanted to turn back and go home but I was determined not to let my anxiety win.

I walked around the lake and did feel quite anxious and dizzy but just kept telling myself what will be, will be. If I faint, I faint. I wanted to phone my partner for reassurance but resisted. As I walked round the lake I smiled at everyone I saw. (Must have thought I was bonkers) I did enjoy my walk and was glad to be home. But I made it and must keep going!!!!! Small bite size pieces.

I am not feeling so great now, a bit dizzy and can feel the headache lingering back. But at least I have made the first step without having a full blown anxiety attack.

I was thinking of keeping a diary. Does it help and what would I note down? Any ideas gratefully received....

Take care

Nikki x

seh1980
30-06-05, 15:35
Well done Nikki!! What a positive step forward. Keeping a diary can help. Writing in how you feel and why can help you for when you look back as you could pinpoint what triggers your anxiety off, etc. :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
30-06-05, 15:42
Yes Nikki,

Writing it all down and doing a journal is something we strongly recommend.

Very well done for your great step ahead today !! It was a really good one ..

Bet your dog enjoyed an extra walk too .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kairen
30-06-05, 15:43
Well done Nikki

you did really well, yes it helps to keep a diary, some times you dont think you have made any progress, until you look back and read how bad you felt on a certain day, just write the same as you wrote here, hope your feeling proud of yourself as that was a big step today

good on you :D
take care

kairen x

carlin
30-06-05, 18:40
well done Nikki,
you done real good today,you should be proud of yourself! i've written 'notes' for many years and yes, it definately helps me. I write down how i am feeling (anxiety wise) and then look back and see what i have achieved when feeling bad. it's hard to explain. ok i.e woke feeling dizzy and scared, got worse as times going on, got kids off to school, getting worse..dizzy can't do nothing. it's now 1p.m. went shopping and although i feel dizzy i managed, tired now but coped....this may sound a silly example but, when i look back i realize that i may wake feeling grotty but can still move on through the day! gosh i do so go on! i hope some of this makes sense, i know what i mean. anyway mate WELL DONE FOR TODAY xxxxxx

nomorepanic
30-06-05, 19:02
Nikki

A big well done on "just doing it". You did so well.

I used to do tape recordings as my diary - just an idea you may prefer to writing it down.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

zena
01-07-05, 12:14
Well done honey. YOU CAN DO IT!!

As for writing things down...go for it! I did for many years especially in the early years of the phobia. Have still got them!!
You can look back and see how far you have come...or look back thinking well I've done this before I CAN AND WILL do so again.

Back to your walk....been in the same situation as you and you girl have taken the right attitude towards it. WELL DONE.
May it continue to happen.
Now lay back and relax!
Take care

with good wishes

Zena

tony
01-07-05, 13:07
well done,small steps at a time,believe me it will get easier :)

metal,rock, and hardcore music is my life!

pips
01-07-05, 17:16
WELL DONE YOU that's brill news. Keep up the good work.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X