View Full Version : Aches in Shoulder after attack / Length of Attack

kaysheldon
30-12-08, 19:12
Hello All,

I apologise if this question is repetitive as i havent really searched the forum thoroughly however, I feel this forum may be a godsend as my family stop listening to me when i question them about my 'symptoms' . I was simply wondering if anyone else has anxiety 'attacks' which seem to last for days. I am constantly googling my symptoms until i find the most severe cause and then move on to the other symptoms the online definition mentions. I have been rushed to the hospital with palpitations, had a holter monitor, stress test and emergency ECG, 3 blood tests and countless blood pressure checks but nothing shows. Also, my back and shoulders seem to cause AGONY as i begin to calm down to the point where it hurts to walk. Has anyone else had this??

LeeBee
30-12-08, 19:32
I find when I'm particularly anxious that my back, shoulders and neck can be stiff. I think sometimes during anxiety or panic attacks you can clench your muscles tight, and being anxious generally makes you tighten your muscles. So the pain could be muscular tension. A massage or gentle stretching exercises might help? Feel better soon :).

Utility
30-12-08, 20:18
Hi

Anxiety can affect people in all different ways. With some it can be short bursts and others it can go on and on. It can be a case of nothing for months (even years) and then ,for what would seem like no reason, it can return. Sounds like tension on your back, which relaxation and yoga can be very good for.