PDA

View Full Version : chest/arm pains

jobear
30-12-08, 19:21
hey
just been the doctors to ask if my chest and arm pains were related to axiety, she asked me loads of questions and shes got me an appointment to have a heart scan called cardioligy or something and im REALLY worrying she said it could be anxiety or not. and if they start to get worse then ring an ambulance straight away. which was SO NOT the right thing to say to me, because when i get it now all im guna do is panic even more and wana ring an ambulance. ive got home now and ive just broke down because ive really had enough. i just want someone to talk to with the same problems and who understands. is there anyone out there? maybe with the same problems? or someone who can just reasure me. :weep:

yanksforever
30-12-08, 21:00
Describe the chest and arm pains jobear, what are the like? Are they stabbing pains? Constant dull aches? Are you out of breath etc too?

If you do h ave anxiety and are young and in relatively good health, then I'd say this is defffoo anxiety and muscle tension.

The docs just bein' cautious. Don't worry about your heart scan. ::HUGS::

We know heart worries hun...personally I've had some skipped heartbeats and thuds in my chest due to anxiety...

jobear
30-12-08, 21:31
its like a dull ache, but i dont have it ALL the time it varys.. and i have been out of breath yeah, has been worse at times though, i thought i was gettin betta til the doctor said that!
i also posted the same thread on the HA forum if you wana read that
Jo x

xBettyBoopx
30-12-08, 22:16
Hi jo

I understand your concerns, I also think the doctor is being 'careful'.

If it helps, I also get dull ache in chest & left arm, It's always in the same place on my arm but I only get it sometimes too. I always think that I'm gonna have a heart attack, then when it goes away I wonder why I worried so much.

What's your age? How long have you had the anxiety?

Love
Els
xxx

jobear
31-12-08, 10:43
hey Els,

yeah its just im panicing SO much at the moment i feel down as well cuz ive just had enough. seems to be one thing after another. i cant remember the last time i felt normal!

ive always been a worrier sinse i can remember! but the anxiety got ALOT worse at the begining of the year, then settled.. and since i had my first baby months ago its all hit the roof, ive had panic attacks and ringing ambulances all the time! thinking im guna die on a dailey bases!
how about you? and btw im 19 going on 20

jo xx

evocoxy
31-12-08, 13:09
Hey Jo,

I get the exact same thing as you and I have been to the quacks & hospital about it to have ECG`s more times than I care to remember because of these symptoms.

Needless to say that every ECG I have had has come back clear.

If I feel bad i usually do something to take my mind off of it, like play the computer, and that usually helps.

x