PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations all evening..like my heart misses a beat!! Terrified!

alison29
30-12-08, 21:40
All evening i have had these, have had them a lot in the past but today they have got worse. Its like my heart actually stops or misses a bit. I hate them...they are ruinin my life. I have had ecg in the past when i went to a&e with this complaint, but they sed everything seemed ok.
I am pregnant at the mo so not sure if its that makin them worse. I dont know what to do..they seem to get worse when i walk about.

LeeBee
31-12-08, 02:44
Hi alison - nasty, aren't they? It's hard not to think that something is wrong, but there isn't. So many people get these 'missed' beats, also known as ectopics. I usually get a few every day, sometimes more. The scariest ones for me are when I'm exercising because my heart is already going fast. But often they just come out of nowhere.

There is a theory that they can be caused by stimulation of the vagus nerve, which runs across your stomach and past your heart. Perhaps if the baby is pushing your stomach upwards, this is stimulating the vagus nerve, that's why you're getting more ectopics? Just a thought. Whatever the reason, ectopics in a normal heart can't do any harm. I know it's hard but try to ignore them.