PDA

View Full Version : Hello everone , im back

Robbo74
31-12-08, 11:45
Just to say hi to everyone old and new. I started haveing panic attacks/Anxiety mid 2005 and quickly found this site and found it a massive help. I went to the docs and started taking citalopram 20mg and through the help from meg and nicola etc i made what i thought was a complete recovery by around mid 2006 , i started to come slowly off my meds around ten months ago. But now the anxiety is back with all those horrible symptoms , mainly this last fortnight , but i know it started a few months ago when i wrote my car off. Then recently i had some terrible news in the family and my concern over this person has kick started it all again. I have been back to the doctors and yesterday started taking citalopram again.
My palms are always sweating , fast heartbeat and i have only slept around two hours each of the last three nights. Last night i had 5mg diazepan and still slept only 2 hours and just lay there awake. A new symptom for me now is that a couple of times a day i get a full facial flush were my face and neck go crimson red , really annoying and embarrasing and the worry this has caused has made me worse i think. My girlfriend is having our fist child in april so i want to be a lot better by then. Anxiety sucks . Well sorry for boring you all :D and hope to hear back from you. Hello Again.

nelly74
31-12-08, 11:52
Not boring at all don't worry! I too thought I had nailed my anxiety and recovered for it to rear it's ugly head 4 days ago. Horrid, horrid thing. U've done it once, U can do it again :)

Robbo74
31-12-08, 12:14
Thank you very much , and you too can do it again. Mines been at its worst the last 4-5 days also

nelly74
31-12-08, 12:33
It's a nitemare I know. Constant, just want to feel 'normal'! :)

Robbo74
31-12-08, 12:36
This face flushing is really bad , the more i get it the more i worry the worse it gets. Only been getting it for about a week :mad:

nelly74
31-12-08, 12:39
Sounds horrid, have you been to Dr? I know my face goes flushed and my skin goes ruddy, not to that extent tho. Am sure there is some explanation :)

lorac
31-12-08, 13:56
Hi Robbo

Welcome back to the site good to have you. Hopefully you will get all the support and advice on here again to get you back on the right track again, I wish you luck.

Take care

Carol

Robbo74
31-12-08, 15:39
Thanks guys for all your nice words. I have been to the docs and he says my flushing will be just a symptom of this horrible anxiety.
For all you are going out tonight then have a lovely time. I am going out , not really looking forward to it but its not fair on my girlfriend if i cry off.
Cheers

sunshine-lady
31-12-08, 19:47
Hi Robbo,

Congratulations about you first baby being due.
Sorry to hear there has been bad news in your family.

Welcome back to NMP, are you will already know there is lots of help and support here.

Hope to see you in chat sometime

belle
01-01-09, 15:09
Sorry to see you're going through a bad time..

x