PDA

View Full Version : Cant clear my head

EmmaJane
31-12-08, 15:17
I have been having lots of problems with my glands recently. I went back to docs testerday, who said he can feel 5 up. On a scale of 1 to 10 of being serious (cancer etc), he said its a 0. There really is nothing wrong there. I am still feeling, poking and prodding. Sure im finding more up today.

I had a FBC in May. This was clear, would a cancer of the glands etc of appeared between May and now? How long doeas a blood test, kind of last for, in the terms of any imminent illnesses.

How can I get this worry fom my head. Would the doc of noticed anything yesterday. He said he felt my Lymph tissues, Im thinking he missed a gland out :-(

Please advise, Im ruining my holidays here xx

EmmaJane
31-12-08, 17:01
Same old story with me I know and normal reactions to HA as I think back and realize these are thoughts I have with all symptoms. Could I have some feedback please, from any HA sufferers. xx Need to get some positive on my head

EmmaJane
31-12-08, 20:23
:-( Im at my mum and dads, trying to keep sain and happy, anyone got any answers for me, I feel a bit isolated.

snoozy24
31-12-08, 20:58
hi Emma-Jane,

I went through something similar to what you have just discribed in August of this year. I put myself through two weeks of complete hell over nothing (but i didnt feel like nothing at the time). I had bloods taken and everything came back clear, if you touch and prod your glands too much the will become nflamed and come up.

I would trust your doctor, if he says everything is fine i would go with it. If he felt that there was something wrong he would refer you for further tests. Iknow its easier said than done but try to relax and enjoy the rest of your holiday.

snoozy

EmmaJane
31-12-08, 21:04
Hi Snoozy,

The doc I saw owns the practice, hes the senior doc. So guess he has a lot to lose. He said they could re do my bloods in spring if I want. How long can your glands stay up after a virus etc?

snoozy24
31-12-08, 21:12
well i had gladnular fever in jan of this year and my glands flared up with the slightest thing-mild hayfever and that was them up again. The glands on one side of my neck are still up slightly but have gone down a good bit, sometimes they can take months to return to normal and sometimes they may never return fully back to normal.

Is it glands n your neck that are swollen?

EmmaJane
31-12-08, 21:32
yes just my neck. I have one large one up, towards the back of my neck, on my left which im not worried about now, as doc said that may stay there forever...

the rest are if you put your hand around your neck at the front, there either side of the throat and small. Mostly on the right.

I keep checking and I'm convinced I have a large one appearing on the right hand side?

snoozy24
31-12-08, 21:37
Even now, if i touch the left and side of my neck it feels bumpy almost, like little peas under my skin, my doc said this was normal considering, and that they may vever return to normal. I just had to accept it and i must admit since i stopped touching them they did go down considerably.

hope that helps,if i can help in any way mail me back.

EmmaJane
31-12-08, 21:45
Thanks Snoozy,

Ill try not to keep touching them. They did hurt aswell, im told if cancer, they wont hurt

snoozy24
31-12-08, 21:50
yeah thats true, my doc told me that. Best advice i can give is dont touch them for a few days and you will notice the difference, trust me.

Happy nw year when it comes too.

EmmaJane
31-12-08, 22:05
Happy new year to you aswell. Thank you x