PDA

View Full Version : Introducing...me!

RPB
31-12-08, 16:57
Hi,

I am Rob and I suffer from depression and anxiety. I have been anxious pretty much all my life but the depression only seemed to rear its ugly head 18 months ago.

Whilst I am feeling better than I have done in the past, I am nowhere near conqeuring my demons. I dread having to go back to work in a couple of days time fearing that everything will go wrong.

I am on medication and receive cbt, both of which have helped me.

I am not quite sure why I became depressed but I did experience a very stressfull time at university. For the final 2 years I was working full time and then spending all my free time studying. I suppose there is only so much work you can take so maybe my depression was caused by post-study burnout.

My anxiety can be traced backed to my childhood. For years I could not sleep at night because I thought I would die. I was also a severe hypochondriac up until my late teens (I am now in my mid-20's)

I really look forward to speaking to others about my conditions and gaining their insight.

I also hope that I can help others by sharing my experiences.

Look forward to speaking to you all in due course :D

p.s A happy new year to all!!

RPB
31-12-08, 19:05
Thanks for the welcome Tetley:yesyes:

sunshine-lady
31-12-08, 19:57
Hi RPB
:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too:biggrin:

belle
01-01-09, 15:06
Hi and welcome :)

x