PDA

View Full Version : Honeypie

honeypie
31-12-08, 19:07
Hi everyone
I ve suffered from panic attacks and generalised anxiety for years and have managed to overcome some of it but have terrible phobia of heart disease. I did see a phychologist for 3 months and he says it stems from my grans death from heart attack when i was 12 i was with her on my own ,but it is depressing and debilitating to be constantly checking my heartbeat and if it skips a beat it can bring on a panic attack i would love to be normal :roflmao:

bottleblond
31-12-08, 19:09
Hi Honeypie

Welcome along to NMP :flowers:

Lisa
x

RPB
31-12-08, 19:33
Hi everyone
I ve suffered from panic attacks and generalised anxiety for years and have managed to overcome some of it but have terrible phobia of heart disease. I did see a phychologist for 3 months and he says it stems from my grans death from heart attack when i was 12 i was with her on my own ,but it is depressing and debilitating to be constantly checking my heartbeat and if it skips a beat it can bring on a panic attack i would love to be normal :roflmao:

Hi honeypie,

I suffered from something pretty similiar when I was younger, everytime I felt a twinge in my chest I thought I was going to have a heart attack:weep:.

I know what your going through can't be nice and I can't say I rember how I got over my problem. Maybe you just have to challenge your thinking and learn to appreciate that thinking about heart problems is unhelpful?

I am sure there are others on the site with far more wisdom than I, so hopefully they can give you the support you need

Have a great 2009:yesyes:

sunshine-lady
31-12-08, 19:56
Hi honeypie
:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too:biggrin:

belle
01-01-09, 15:07
Hi there..
Sorry to read about your phobia.
I'm sure you'll get lots of help and support here,

x

Veronica H
01-01-09, 16:44
:welcome: Honeypie, I am sure you will find others who understand here. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

lorac
01-01-09, 16:56
Hi Honeypie

Welcome to the site I think you will get some advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

honeypie
02-01-09, 14:57
Thanks everyone for your kind words knowing there are others out there too is a nice thought i hope might be able to give some words of wisdom too :bighug1:

Southern_Belle
03-01-09, 16:46
Hi Honeypie,

Welcome to NMP. What an awful and traumatic thing to have gone through at such an early age. Many here will offer you support and I'm so glad you are here.

Take care,

Laura