PDA

View Full Version : Me

laurenessex
01-07-05, 10:34
well Im 26, from Essex have had anxiety since Jan 2000 so don't have the greatest social life or regular job. I enjoy writing: letters, poems, song lyrics, and im a freelance journalist. I love music, films, tv, tennis, cardmaking, football, dolphins, disney, and harry potter....so Hello this is me lol! xx

kairen
01-07-05, 10:44
Hi Lauren,

welcome to the site,
you wil get lots of help and support here, have you read the welcome page

take care

kairen x

Gareth
01-07-05, 11:08
Hi there

welcome to the forum... this is a great place to come when you need support.

Freelance journalist eh? I am considering a career move and have thought about this as I can write and I enjoy it...

what sort of things do you write, and how did you get into it?

Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***

zena
01-07-05, 11:51
Hi Lauren,

Welcome to the site firstly. Hope you find it helpful as I'm sure other people have.
What part of Essex are you from? Myself am from Romford but now living in Wales.

with good wishes

Zena

trac67
01-07-05, 15:29
Hi Laura,
You will find this site really helpful it has been the best thing i ever did finding this. And you have good taste i collect anything to do with dolphins lol.
Take Care
Trac xx

denise84
01-07-05, 15:31
hi and welcome, being a member here will realy brighten up your day because it certainly works for me. come to natter in the chat room as they realy do make you feel welcome.x.

dmcgovern

pinkscrumpy
01-07-05, 18:18
welcome aboard Lucy

Have you got any poems that you could share with us?

Love

[^][^][^][^]

MANDIE XX

sueiamnew
01-07-05, 19:01
Welcome Lauren.

jill
02-07-05, 10:05
Hi Lauren

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

tony
02-07-05, 11:07
hi lauren welcome
tony x

metal,rock, and hardcore music is my life!

Karen
02-07-05, 13:22
Hi Lauren

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
03-07-05, 14:42
Hi Lauren

Welcome aboard the forum.

Sounds like you have some great hobbies there and if you want to post one of your poems then I will put it on the website for you.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

peterg
03-07-05, 15:01
Hi Lauren,

Welcome...this is all new to me also.

I'm glad there is someone else living in Essex...I'm near Chelmsford.

Great that you are so creative with your time.

Hope the forum helps....

Peter

Meg
03-07-05, 18:40
Hello Lauren

Welcome to the site

How does your anxiety affect you most

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sal
03-07-05, 22:23
Hi Lauren

Welcome to the site. You will meet lots of great people on hear and we all support each other and i am sure you will benefit from it.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

laurenessex
04-07-05, 15:20
Ahhh feels so welcomed! so many questions so here I go....

I'm a Chelmsford Girl born and bred.

I write mostly music features as that's what I know and love. Kind of fell in to it by accident a penpal was in a band and offered to help her out with promo, that led on to more promo and through that I found out about a magazine (now defunct) and it just carried on from there. I've done copywriting, press material, stuff for websites, currently contributing to the local paper. All the info on me and what I do is on my website www.freewebs.com/laurenofficial I put poems on there sometimes 2! forwardpress and re-inveuntionuk have published my work 2!

Anxiety well I guess it effects me the most physically I do feel run down or tired and stuff sometimes and unsettled in my tummy. Also lost a lot of confidence and don't have friends locally...so it's hard to have a social life and not got a regular job...it's like there's a barrier that stops me doing things!! I've a close friend in London he is amazing but i've not seen him in a long time cause of my problem yet it would help if i did...there's a lot of catch 22 situations.....hard to explain really!

Anyway next question...hehehe!

Great site and forum by the way!!!

nomorepanic
04-07-05, 19:23
Hiya lauren

I had a look at the website - very impressive stuff you have done and you are certainly kept busy with it all!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

peterg
04-07-05, 20:29
Good website.....I shall keep an eye out for your articles in the Essex Chronicle which we get every week....

Good luck!

zena
05-07-05, 12:42
Hi Ya..

Just looked at your site. You have achieved so much.
Well done.

with good wishes

Zena