PDA

View Full Version : So scared

geddy
01-01-09, 14:34
I thought New Years Day was all about fresh starts and excitement????

I just feel so anxious and scared of how im going to make it through the next few months, i just keep thinking of all the dreadful things that could happen, and i just want to cry and cry and run away from everyone i know and love.

:weep:

Notator
01-01-09, 14:36
Jan 1st is just another day! If there's a trick to it, try to worry about the next few months, just aim to have as good a DAY as you can... Just one day at a time, it's a lot less daunting!

geddy
01-01-09, 14:43
Might be a plan!

Feel so annoyed with myself, had been having much better time of it up until Boxing Day and its kind of been down hill since then :o(

Even back on Propananol, which im not happy about, feel i have let myself down, but fuzzy head, chest pains etc were all back!!!

lamentinglaura
01-01-09, 15:16
I'm feeling the exact same thing. I know I should be looking forward to the year ahead, instead I find myself feeling terrified about what may lay ahead. I guess all we can do is take one day at a time.

Utility
01-01-09, 15:34
Hi

That's the thing, please try to focus on the positive and not the "what if".
Things are never as bad as people think they will be. Just because there are one or two off days does not mean that the next few months will be like that. Revisit the good days and your mind will tune itself into placing more emphasis on them and soon you will experience more good than bad. That's the whole point CBT, don't dwell on the negative past look forward to the positive future.

geddy
01-01-09, 15:39
I have my next CBT session on 20 th Jan, and to be honest i cant wait!

Havent felt this wobbly in weeks :o( Just need to have good cry and let it all out, but dont seem to be able too!

Utility
02-01-09, 15:55
Hi

It's amazing how just having a chat with someone can make things feel a lot better. Why don't you give NHS Direct or NHS 24 a call, even that could be enough to ease your worries.

Don't feel so bad about going back on medication, at the end of the day it is there to serve a purpose. I always keep a small supply of Diazepam just in case. I haven't used them since last May, but if I needed too I would.

Just before the Christmas holidays my aches and pains returned for what I would describe as no reason and this time I couldn't shake them off. At 9.30pm I decided to give NHS 24 a call and within an hour I had been checked over and had a chat with a doctor who seemed to know a good wee bit about anxiety and "hey presto" the feelings had gone.