PDA

View Full Version : Well just as I am feeling ok.......

jellybean43
01-01-09, 20:28
Hi
Happy New Year to all my friends on here:bighug1:
Thanks to all the help and support i got in 2008 I can say i am going in to a New year feeling better than i did last New Year---as at that point i didnt know what was wrong with me( I honestly didnt know that HA existed!!!).

Anyhow, just as i am feeling somewhat better(I have had a course of CBT this last year too) I have started with a new worry.Last night when i went to bed(I might add i hadnt had a drink or anything so cant blame that for triggering my anxiety) I was looking at my legs.
I noticed that the right thigh is bigger(though actually measures less when i measure it with the tape measure:ohmy:) than my left. When i press it it feels harder and definately looks bigger ---on the outer side if that makes sense!!!!. I am not the slimmest person---I need at least 2 stones off!!!so my legs are a little on the fatter side!!!!!- and my OH says it is muscle and that both sides of the body arent the same. I have spent the day on and off looking at it and thinking i am maybe starting with a blood clot or something. Or, worse still , it may be related to my lymph glands worry(biggest fear is lymphoma!!!).I do do lots of walking so can maybe think it is a muscle!!!!
I havent had the best of Xmasses(family arguments!!!) and therefore have felt very stressed which in turn does trigger my anxiety!!!!

Can anyone reassure me that this is normal??
Arrrr I hate this HA !!!!!! XX

bottleblond
01-01-09, 20:45
Hi Mate

Happy New year :hugs:

Again hun, your OH is right. Both sides of the body are different. Alot of us have for instance, one foot bigger than the other, larger toes on one foot, Longer fingers perhaps on one hand, A lager boobie etc etc etc lol.

Put that measuring tape away gal and quit that checking because your as normal as the next person.

Loads a love
Lisa
xxx

LeeBee
01-01-09, 20:52
Bottleblond is absolutely right - our bodies are not symmetrical. My right hand is slightly bigger than the left, for example. Always has been. Totally normal. If you had a blood clot there would probably be pain and the area of the clot might be hot and swollen. So stop worrying! You're fine :).

yanksforever
01-01-09, 21:03
MY left shin is a lot fatter...a LOT fatter than my right one. I too got obsessed with this for about a month but my mom told me her brother's right leg is skinnier than the left one.

Also...TMI...but my left breast is slightlyy bigger than the right one. It happens hun. My skinnier leg is also firmer and harder than the left one.

jellybean43
01-01-09, 23:47
Awww thanks everyone.
I am feeling loads more positive now xxx