PDA

View Full Version : Persistant dizzyness~2 months? only symptom...

CABelieve13
01-01-09, 21:51
I have been getting really dizzy for about 2 months. It happens everyday too and lasts for hours. It will feel like the room is moving and everything is tilting from side to side. It doesnt even have to be when i move suddenly, but that does seem to make it worse. Ill be sitting at school clenching the sides of my desk because it feels like its tilting to the side. It is the most scariest thing i have ever expierienced. Or if i turn my head i get this...like jolt of whirling. I havent passed out from this, or fallen over. And it hasnt really made me nauseus. I am sure this isnt anxiety caused (hyperventilating, etc) and im not dehydrated.

I went to the doctor and he said it was vertigo and gave my motion sickness pills that i guess....help enough, but because i couldnt help myself, i went and researched vertigo. It said it is a symptom, not a disease. This is very confusing. I got blood tests and I went and got an MRI and the results came back and they couldnt find anything. So basically i am stuck with this symptom of Vertigo with no cause. My dad keeps telling me even though they didnt find anything on the MRI, it is still inner ear? I have no idea what this means or..is there something i am not getting? Whats causing this? I have no idea whats wrong or when it will go away. does anyone know what it could be?

Are there any other tests they can do? I cant handle this dizzyness. It is so hard to focus in school, my grades have dropped a little. It is bringing back my major anxiety fullblown and now they have started me on citalopram, even though i really wanted to get the dizzyness under control first, but oh well.

Im only 15, ive never had any major medical problems, or even minor really. Im generally a very healthy person. (other than my anxiety).
I just want this dizzyness to go away,?

cazzmatazz
01-01-09, 22:12
Hi, this too is a main symptom of mine, although my doctor puts it down to a symptom of anxiety. It can crop up at any time, or even as soon as I wake up in the morning and can lst all day! I completely understand your distress. Sometimes when I am shopping in town it comes on and I have to find the nearest seat and can stay there for hours because the dizzyness is so bad.

What works for me is always carrying a bottle of water with me so I can rule out being dehydrated and sometimes a sweet or two to rule out blood sugar things. Other than that its pushing through. Just remember nothing can happen to you. It is just dizzyness. I used to fear fainting from it but getting on with what you are doing whle feeling pants is the best medicine - shows you that nothing will happen which you can raw on for next time.

I hope this helps a little - even in knowing it happens to some1 else too - (Im 23 yrs old) Sometimes accepting the dizzy spell and rolling with it, even making a joke about it in your head can sometimes calm it down. Good luck!

Cazz x

scouser1959
01-01-09, 22:45
i had the exact same dizziness a few years ago and was told it was vertigo i was put on a course of tablets called stemitil ( a cheap brand of trvel sick pills) they never worked and so my gp gave me another course of tablets called cyclozine they were fantadtic and after a day it cleared up no problem try askin ur gp for them, good luck i know how you feel its horrible

june
03-01-09, 11:27
hi, 10 months ago i was diagnosed with "sudden onset virtigo". the tablets i am on are called Betahistine. They seemed to be working OK until Thursday - i do dnot know if it was a tummy upset or the virtigo but the awful giddiness and sickness was back for a while - it is sooo scary.
By chance yesterday (Friday) was my appointment at the hospital.
the consultant said that as nothing had been done for me in the last 10 months he would like to do a "Balance test" that would last about 25 minutes. As my app had been 1-30pm and it was now 3-00pm i said no. my panic was beginning to take hold - he then said i could have it at a later date and for his own interest he would like to do and MRI scan - JUST to get out of there i agreed to anything NOW i am regretting it BIG time.:weep: :weep:
CABelieve13 (i have never sat on a water bed) but that is the sensation i get when just calmly watching TV sitting on the sofa - and then BANG all heck goes mad in my head.Panic / fear / terror ETc etc
June