PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks from START 2 FINISH

dmckinney
01-01-09, 22:28
Good afternoon!

Thank God this is my 2nd week feeling slightly normal. It took a lot of Prayer, research, and alot of talking to close friends/relatives whom experienced panic attacks as well. PA began around the week of Thanksgiving I got off work and I began to experience motion sickeness, really dizzy throbbing headache (tension headache) that would not go away. When I got home I first took my blood pressure which was extremely high for my weight and size 100 lbs and 5'4. Blood pressure was high around 140/120. I told my husband that I need to go to the ER bc I was beginning to get worse. On the way to the hospital I began to get chills and began tremoring. Got the the ER told them I had chest pains, HBP, and really bad headache. They immediatly hooked me up to the EKG all was normal, blood test was fine. I told the nurse that on the right side on my head between my ear and temple there was a throbbing head pain that would not go away felt like that vessel was going to explode like a stroke or something. The nurse gave me medicine for hbp and gave me medicine for headache. After that I began to feel a little better 10-15 minutes my heart rate began creeping up to 170 and I called the doctor in with the nurse and she told me to calm down and showed me breathing tech. Everything went back to normal, well at least I thought, I began to get diareahea the doctor came in later stating that they would like to monitor my heart and keep me over night for 12 hours for observation. Woke up the next morning feeling a bit better. Ever since that day I was having PA everyday 1-3 times a day. It would start off with a weird feeling in my head (like I could feel the nerves in my head..butterflies) then I felt like I was walking on cotton/clouds becoming very dizzy and lightheaded, I could feel the pulse in my throat, heart pounding like I was having a heart attack, hot/cold feeling and following my stomach getting upset leading to diareahea, needle sticking/numbness feelings in my arms and legs even in my back, heartburn, muscle tightness around breast area right above heart, needle sticking pains that come and go lasting for sec around chest area (left and right). This lasted for 3 weeks I was going insane my mind was constantly at war, I had to take a leave from work and I have been off for a month now. Things are getting much better after having several test done MRI, EKG, Blood test. The doctor prescribed me Zoloft and Xanax which the Zoloft made me feel awful like needle sticking pains all throughout my body but the Xanax worked fine and since Xanax is addictive I take as needed which in the pst 1 1/2 week I have only taken 1/2 pill like 2-3 times depending if I am going around a crowd of people, shopping, or traveling. This has been very difficult for me at times I felt very hopeless and helpless but after reading on this I understand it more and I am getting better with stopping them before they come on full blown. If you are not wanting to take medication for PA which I don't blame that are natural supplements that can help you out a little and prevent the PA from coming on full blown try Holy Basil, it can be purchased at Whole Foods or anywhere that sell NS also I have heard that B Complex helps as well along with PRAYER PRAYER PRAYER praying for peace bc all this sickness is, is constant fear and if you believe in the Lord you should have a peaceful mind. Anyway I hope this helps you all out bc reading your forums really helped me.

God Bless

feels_like_home
02-01-09, 14:48
Thanks for sharing. Did the Holy Basil work for you?

dmckinney
02-01-09, 17:33
Yes the Holy Basil worked it prevented me from having a full blown PA. Try taking Holy Basil along with B Complex Vitamin.