PDA

View Full Version : posting personal info

eeyorelover
02-01-09, 06:20
Just wanted to post a reminder that it isn't a good idea to post personal info such as email addresses or full names on the site as it is a public forum.
If you wish to give such info it is better to do it via PM to specific members of your choosing and not in a thread on the forum.
xxx
Sandy

sunshine-lady
02-01-09, 18:35
Hi Sandy

Thank you for the reminder xxxx

lorac
02-01-09, 18:52
Good post Sandy

Carol x

nomorepanic
14-01-09, 21:10
Please note that I have been alerted by 2 members to people mailing them and adding them to MSN.

The mail says something along the lines of:

My name is miss xxxx,i saw your profile today on http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk and became intrested in you.Meanwhile i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address (xxxx@yahoo.com) believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.

It seems that this is happening as the members have posted their MSN details in the Pen Pal forum.

Please think twice before you do this.

Duckie
14-01-09, 21:39
Ok will do! Ty

spaced
14-01-09, 21:55
hi guys i've noticed that posting personnal info normally happens on the pen pals section maybe in the heading that says no under 18's there could be a reminder not to post emails addresses and that the first contact should be by PM and should continue by PM untill both parties feel safe to exchange email

nomorepanic
14-01-09, 22:27
hi guys i've noticed that posting personnal info normally happens on the pen pals section maybe in the heading that says no under 18's there could be a reminder not to post emails addresses and that the first contact should be by PM and should continue by PM untill both parties feel safe to exchange email

Thanks for the suggestion. Have updated it now.:yesyes:

leo05
15-01-09, 01:58
nic i have had one of the emails like you have already said i just alerted msn then banned the addy