PDA

View Full Version : can i drive as i'm on citalopram

armanoo
02-01-09, 10:22
Hi to everyone .. i have a question ..

i'm gonna be a new driver soon so watch out the roads :yahoo: :yahoo:

i take driving lessons now and as soon as i pass the test i'm gonna get my own car :shades:

yesterday was my first day on citalopram and i read that it would effect me and i have to be carefull driving ..

so i didnt understand like it's officially illegel to drive when you are on this medication .. or it's simply gonna make you a bit sleepy just like some pain killers ?

i'm on citalopram and another medication called "vaben" for anxiety.

love you much :hugs: :hugs:

Dahlia
02-01-09, 12:19
Hi there - it depends whether it is making you drowsy or not. It's not illegal to drive on medication, but you have to decide whether you are too drowsy to drive. Personally I didn't get remotely drowsy on citalopram.

Good luck with the driving test!

Dahlia

armanoo
02-01-09, 13:40
Hi there - it depends whether it is making you drowsy or not. It's not illegal to drive on medication, but you have to decide whether you are too drowsy to drive. Personally I didn't get remotely drowsy on citalopram.

Good luck with the driving test!

Dahlia

thank you so much Dahlia :shades:

i guess i should just wait and see .. yesterday was my first pill and now i should take my second pill :yesyes:

i dont think it caused me any drowsiness.. actually i had such a horrible night yesterday i kept waking up like every half an hour ! :doh: