PDA

View Full Version : Just some reassurance"

donrobo
02-01-09, 12:03
Over the last month my doctor has put me on blood pressure tablets as my blood pressure is raised...140/100. due to me being diabetic, he told me it is nothing to worry about. I have taken ramaprill for the last 4 weeks and feel great.My blood pressure has gone down to 124/78 which for diabetics is good. The dr said he would leave me on them so i took my script to a different pharmacy(just for easiness) and am worried as it is a different brand.So is the amitryptline,and thyroxine. I am due to go on a long haul flight in a week and am panicing that these tablets aren't going to work.I will be stuck in America with no medication that works. I think i am going to email for a repeat script so i can go to my normal pharmacy but worrying incase the dr wont prescribe me more of these tablets so soon.
I cant go to him and say this as he will probably laugh me out of his room.Am i mad????:wacko:

jue67
02-01-09, 14:03
all i can say is im on BP meds and yours is better than mine. lol.

i have had meds from different pharmacys and the name is the same but the tablets look different, eg i usually take capsules that are 2 colours, last time they were a white tablet which unsettled me and my routine, but did the same job, you could always look up the alternative names for your meds and feel reassured that they have all the same ingredients, sometimes they are cheaper or just more readily available to some shops.

hope your okay

have a good flight

jools

donrobo
02-01-09, 20:09
Its starting to escalate now.Im trying to be happy about my hols but have had bad chest pain again today.Last year i was given tablets off the dr for heartburn and indegestion and i had 2 ecgs in one night. The pains are back and its not anixiety. do you think it could be indegestion? I have been eating unhealthly over xmas? Too scared to go to a&e as it was the same time last year!

girlrock
02-01-09, 21:18
I'm pretty certain that a pharmacist would have to tell you if the composition of the drugs you were given were different from your script. But I know what you mean...I was given a birth control pill over the summer with 1 name and then the pharmacy gave me a completely different one. Normally BC is BC but I was freaking because I switched for a reason...I wasn't doing well on other BC compounds and wanted to find a better one. But this is how I talked myself into calming down about it. The ingredients can't be different...they wouldn't be allowed to have jobs! :) Take care!

linziloo
02-01-09, 23:26
Don't worry about the tablets they ARE the same as you usually get it's just that the ones you have got recently will have been produced by a different company. The medication in them IS the same strength and dose. Pharmacists are usually better than doctors about medications as this is the main part of their training ie how medications work and affect our bodily systems. If you are still worried have a word with the phamacy. Hope this helps x