PDA

View Full Version : coke addiction

davebrum
01-07-05, 23:56
i have beat the booze and valium met a new guy who makes me happy
im financially inderpendant but my panics have come back big time - so i have started taking charlie again i have tried th drug lines im sinking again the only way i can get out of my house is withe the aid of a line of coke with my medication i know where im going i have sought help but no on will
my friends have offered me harder drugs im getting to the point where i want to take them. my gp doesnt listen my boyfriend has his own issues with drugs. i cant live without some sort of up lift that is what gets me out and about im truly desperate- why im turning to you guys? i have tried everything else agrophobia bpd ocd general anxiety disorder no one wants to listen- i know you guys have your problems but if you can please help me

kate
02-07-05, 08:08
Hello Dave,

You know yourself that the drugs route is the worst one that you can possibly take for your panic. Your dependence on these to enable you to go out of the house will only serve to fuel your panic, not to overcome it.

Your life seems, on paper, to be looking good so where is the panic coming from? Could it stem from your boyfriends OWN drug related problems?

You say that your GP doesn't listen. If this is the case then you need to find one that does listen. But, you must be 100% honest with the GP to enable them to give you the advice and support that you so desperately need.

Take care, Dave,

Love Kate x

Meg
02-07-05, 20:21
Dave -

Do everything you possibly can to get yourself help for this NOW from a drug addiction centre. Bypass the GP if necessary. NHS direct may be able to direct you.

Having a new boyfriend who makes you happy today will not be the same story when one of you dies from it or a related addiction in the future.

Did you subsitute this instead of the booze and valium or did you have a period in between when you were clean of everything ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

seh1980
02-07-05, 20:32
hi Dave,

I'm sure you don't need to be told that charlie won't be the answer to your problems. It's very expensive and every time you take it, you need more to reach the high you had the time before. It's also probably the most expensive drug on the planet. Like Meg says, the earlier you get some help/adevice with this, the better. We cal offer you support here but talking to someone nearer to home would probably be best for you..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

tonyd45
03-07-05, 06:56
im a recovering alcoholic,dry for 17 years,i used to drink to calm my self down,told myself it helped,it got to the point where i couldnt leave the house without a drink but its just a vicious circle where the more i drank the worse the anxiety got,of course i never made the connection,i didnt have a problem i was blaming everything and everyone else,this helped me justify taking my drug of choice.Sometimes when we are at our most comfortable and feeling good is when the addiction will kick in and try suck you back,i dont think you truly resolved your previous addictions mostly coz of the language you use(" i beat the booze etc"),it sounds like you got through it,then brushed it under the carpet and now its biting you in the ass.
I dont wish to sound hard or dismissive but you have got to stop making excuses (my doc doesnt listen,my friends take hard drugs so i have to etc) and take responsibility for your life,if you want to make your problems a million times worse then keep taking the charlie or whatever other drug and trust me it will be hell.
I know it will be hard at first,really i do, but its not impossible and if i can keep my addiction at bay,i know you can,with the right help and you will find it if you really want to and sites like this are great too for the support you will need.
i wish you all the best and hope everything works out for you and please know that you have more power to make changes in your life than you realise.

Tony d

Meg
03-07-05, 07:36
Tony , Congratulations on your success with stopping alcohol .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

henri
03-07-05, 13:16
hi dave,
coke is likely to eventually bring on some kind of panic attack, if you suffer from anxiety - you've got to be hard on yourself and flush it all down the loo right now. sounds like your boyfriend is in no position to help you beat this - you need to seek help elsewhere. and of course we will do all we can to help!
henri x

sal
03-07-05, 22:56
Hi Dave

We have posted each other over a few email in the past and i am pleased you have found someone and managed to get over the drink, but to be where you are now isnt good.

I am not here to lecture you and will offer you all the support you need. I can only ask you not to go down that path as it will lead to more problems than you have ever encountered. Your health is so important and you know that yourself in what you said in an email.

Friends that offer you harder drugs arent supporting you are they. I can only offer advice and say dont take that route and stop the coke before it gets too out of hand.

You have done so well, so dont let it slip you by.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

stimpy
04-07-05, 02:51
Hi Dave

I'm sorry you aren't doing so well.
I think that makes the problem worse when you feel people aren't listening.

Have you tried the Anchor Project?

They might be a bit out of your area but they might be able to help you, or at least point you in the right direction to get the help you need.

You can contact them on
0121 500 5852

2 St. Michaels Court
Victoria Street
West Bromwich
B70 8ET

Open Monday - Thursaday 9.30am - 12.30pm 1.30pm - 4.00pm
and 1.30pm - 4.00pm on Fridays.

I'm just sorry I can't be of more help.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

kimmy
04-07-05, 09:22
listen mate, drugs isnt the answer, you need to stop now with the coke, before you get seriously addicited.
STAY AWAY from the harder drugs, it will get worse!!!!!!

this_grey_dove
04-07-05, 18:18
dave-ur starting 2 sound like me! gay (even tho im female!), + stuck on the drink and drugs...it was Ecstacy/speed/ket that started my anxiety back in August + i didnt do any drugs again til a few wks ago when ive started on the E again...BAD IDEA!! i physically feel so tense and panicky the whole time again...ive been grinding my teeth all day + its not coz im high at the moment!! dont take the drugs ur friends offer, especially not if theyre hallucinagenics, ur friends may b able 2 handle it but its a different ball game wen uve got anxiety + at the end of the day ur the 1 stuck inside ur head. how about seeking help wiv ur b/f togetha? that way u kill 2 birds wiv 1 stone and uve got each otha 4 support. uve come along way by beating the drinking, dont let drugs ruin it all.
take care, + if u need 2 chat feel free 2 msg me or email www.toxicpiranha@hotmail.com
xpx

sal
04-07-05, 22:22
Worried about you

If you dont want to talk on here email me and maybe we can talk.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

davebrum
09-07-05, 21:32
thanks guys i wont be back because i have scared thr guys i love and trust . my psychologist says this is another route of self medication - i dont know all i do know is im tired and giving up my meds - alchol - and fags i cant cope . i feel like im doing all the right things i see my therapists im trying so hard paul (my new partner) is great but he is a way alot. its him who told me to get back intouch with nmp i just fee so tired of it all im working so hard to get right - im sorry ive upset you guys - whatever you think of me on this forum or live that has never ever been my intention. im in touch with switch board and the lavender project for help as i type this i have had some blow and will probally take something later on - i hope you guys understand its hard but im trying to do the right thing by eveyone
thanks
dave

davebrum
09-07-05, 21:37
thanks

nomorepanic
09-07-05, 21:42
Dave

I sent you a PM - hope you got it.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

seh1980
09-07-05, 21:42
Dave,

You haven't upset anyone!! We are just worried about you as I'm sure you would be about one of us if the tables were turned. Don't go away - let us help you beat the anxiety!!

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

sal
09-07-05, 23:40
Dave

If you ever want to talk, i am here for you.

Love Sal xx