PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pulse and Ectopic Heartbeats What causes yours?

willtheconk1998
02-01-09, 17:31
Hi Everyone,

I hope your New Year is going well.

Does anyone else ever get fast pulse 100 -130 bpm in social situations or just out of the blue when they are doing nothing due to their anxiety??

I had a party yesterday and had a few people coming to the house and was getting organised and had a few ectopic heartbeats/pvc's that i get all the time and noticed my heart rate was around 120 bpm. As the day went on my pulse was always around 100-120.
Unfortunately once I am aware my heart is beating faster I tend to keep checking pulse (I know this doesn't help and probably keps it going but it's hard to ignore)and today it is back to normal around 70 bpm.

Does anyone else get these episodes of fast heart rate.
Also who gets the ectopics( I get hundreds some days, sometimes thousands and sometimes none and have been told they are benign)
Does anyone get it just in social situations or out of the blue?? and if so how do you cope with the ectopics or slow your heart down??

I have had loads of ECG's, 24hr monitors and a stress test, a heart scan which showed 0 plaque and xrays and been told heart is fine and cardiologist said I have got a benign ectopic arrythmia and sinus tachychardia due to my anxiety over my health and general anxiety.

I accept this is the case now (It took a while tho) and I am getting there with it and am determined to beat it but when it happens it is so hard to accept.

Just wondered how many others suffer with this and how you manage.

Will.

anewday
02-01-09, 19:00
YES! I get those darn heart palpitations daily and some days there are a
hundred or more. I get them even when my pulse is slow around 65.
I have tried everything from eating better, drinking a ton of water, getting enough sleep etc... nothing seems to work but getting my mind off of them.
I try to keep busy with hobbies and simplifying my life. When they are really bad I call a friend or my sister. keeping busy with something I find really interests me helps. Knowing they are not serious keeps me from going to the doctor AGAIN. Like you I had many tests done and all is fine. Hang in there it will pass believe me.

honeypie
02-01-09, 19:08
I also get fast heartbeats and skipped beats ,i find magnesium and calcium help and it also seems to be worse if i have an upset stomach if i have reflux it seems to bring it on my doc says this is quite common

laineylouise
02-01-09, 23:30
I also get fast heartbeats and skipped beats ,i find magnesium and calcium help and it also seems to be worse if i have an upset stomach if i have reflux it seems to bring it on my doc says this is quite common

I just wondered, i get these too.
Where can i get magnesium from? (I'm so stupid,lol)
Does anyone get pain in their heart too?

LeeBee
03-01-09, 00:01
Sometimes my ectopics feel like a nip or a pinch but not really painful. A lack of potassium and magnesium can increase ectopics. You can get magnesium and potassium supplements from the chemist or health food shop, or perhaps the bigger supermarkets. Green leafy veg, nuts and tea are good sources of magnesium, and bananas, avocados, tomatoes and broccoli are good for potassium. You should be a bit careful about taking lots of supplements without talking to your doctor first...

tt
03-02-09, 21:59
I have been finding my beats are related to my stomach as well. I worry sick. It seems worst for me the minute I start doing something even walking.
I also feel out winded with them all scary because the systoms relate to heart issues.
Does anyone else feel out winded as well

lisab2007
04-02-09, 10:16
I have these ectopis beats on a regualr basis, with or without anxiety/stress, and my heart rate can still be 60-80bpm. I find these very frightening and am constantly checking my pulse. I also feel sometimes out of breath like I have been speed talking - silly I know but I cant think of a better way to describe it! I have been to A&E god knows how many times, had ecg's, blood tests to check the enzymes of my heart, which were al fine. I feel trapped by this most of the time and it is a relief to see that there are other sufferers out there as sometimes you think you are on your own. BUT YOUR NOT!!!!!

jbond1978
16-02-09, 08:07
I definitely notice my palpitations most when I have slept bad and in situations of 'what if' thinking and general boredom with work.