PDA

View Full Version : hi all

finny12000
02-07-05, 11:32
hi all im kevin from scotland and im aged 37.im so glad ive found people like myself as i think ive been going off my head.ive looked after niece and nephew for 6 years from 10 and 11 due to family problems.all was ok until this year when my sister came back into all our lives and i found i couldnt cope.i ended up in hospital with a breakdown and since then have been living with anxiety and nerves.im currently on propananol 40mg 3 times a day and some weeks i think im coming back to my old self and other weeks like thsi week i feel really bad.i wonder if other people have same symptons like me as im not sleeping or only a few hours a night my mind doesnt stop racing and im hot and sweaty all the time and my concentration is poor any feedback would be a immense help as i feel all alone the now and cant confide in friends or family .....thanks kev

k finnigan

pips
02-07-05, 11:41
Hi Kevin,

A big warm welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about your breakdown.

Your symptoms are anxiety related and i understand how you feel. I to get days where I feel so much better. Then all of a sudden boom i start feeling bad and getting all those scary symptoms once again.

The key is to try and accept how you are feeling and not to fight the anxiety as this only feeds it. To say ok I know i'm feeling crap but tough i'm going to get on with it. I find distracting myself when i feel bad helps alot.

All of these things I appreciate are difficult to do and I am still learning it just takes time and small steps.

I hope this site can help you on your road to recovery.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X

finny12000
02-07-05, 11:44
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Kevin,

A big warm welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about your breakdown.

Your symptoms are anxiety related and i understand how you feel. I to get days where I feel so much better. Then all of a sudden boom i start feeling bad and getting all those scary symptoms once again.

The key is to try and accept how you are feeling and not to fight the anxiety as this only feeds it. To say ok I know i'm feeling crap but tough i'm going to get on with it. I find distracting myself when i feel bad helps alot.

All of these things I appreciate are difficult to do and I am still learning it just takes time and small steps.

I hope this site can help you on your road to recovery.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X

<div align="right">Originally posted by pips - 02 July 2005 : 10:41:44</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

k finnigan

jill
02-07-05, 11:54
Hi Kevin

WELCOME TO THE SITE

There are lots of nice people here who will help and
support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

florence
02-07-05, 12:31
Hi Kevin

Welcome to the forum..
Sorry to hear about your breakdown, you definitely came to the right place, you 'll find great support here..

Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Karen
02-07-05, 13:24
Hi Kevin

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

leo05
02-07-05, 13:59
hi and welcome to our forum

here for you if you need me for anything

my username is leo05 feel fee to pm me

leanne

finny12000
02-07-05, 14:14
HELLO me again cant believe how kind ppl are on here and feel like ive somehow arrived home at last.im not on my own and actually went down to get messages earlier after being on and felt not to bad for once.ive taken the advice onboard ive received and now its trying to put into practice.last night was worst night for a while only 3 hours sleep usually 5 at least but at least for 3 hours i had no worries and no anxiety.ive actually trained for 15 years running and bodybuilding and to a certain extent it helped but recently not so much maybe im overdoing training to compensate extra adrenaline in my system i suppose.just a big thanks to all who took time to reply to me and it meant a hell of a lot to me that i can maybe get some things off my chest and ive found other humans lol like myself ,load hugs to all kev xx:D

k finnigan

peterg
02-07-05, 16:41
Hopefully you will be pleased to hear that I have experienced the same symptoms.

I have good days/weeks when I think, yep I'm recovering and then bad days and set backs. the good news is that the good days and weeks are starting to out number the bad ones.

I find using relaxation cds helpful when my thoughts are negative as these take my mind off the symptoms and stop me dwelling on one particular thought.

All the best...

sueiamnew
02-07-05, 17:20
Welcome to the forum Kevin

Best wishes
Sue

bluebottle
02-07-05, 18:53
Hi Kev,

I'm a guy, 44yrs old, and I can relate to much of what you've said. PM me or add me to your MSN if you ever want a chat.

--
Blue -
"Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

Meg
02-07-05, 19:31
Hi Kevin,

Have you been offered any other help other than propanolol and how long have you been on those ?

Glad you've had a read of the site
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

What are the specifics that are bothering you apart from sleep deprivation ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

clickaway
02-07-05, 20:09
Hiya Kev,

Sleepless nights, hot, sweaty, yeah have been there, but I must say I have been fortunate enough not to suffer a breakdown.

I've found this site a fabulous help and I really encourage you to join in as much as possible.

Sorry you can't confide to your own folks about your issues, but I think its important for you to talk to 'safe' people about how you feel.

By this I mean a counsellor, therapist, a Samaritan or a helpliner from No Panic (0808 808 0545)

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/helplines

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

pinkscrumpy
02-07-05, 20:30
Hi Kev

A big warm welcome. As you have probably guessed by now you are not alone and most of us at sometime have experienced the same symptoms.

This site is fantastic as it makes us feel no longer alone

Take care

Mandie

:D:D:D

MANDIE XX

Meg
02-07-05, 23:31
Ray

Would you be kind enough to post that link in 'useful links' please .
Looks like a great resource .

I know there have been questions recently about disability and I didn't know where to suggest .

Thanks

Mcched
03-07-05, 12:30
Hi Kevin

Welcome!!!!

This site is fab and you will find you are never alone and have to suffer in silence. I wish I had found this site earlier, it is really good to know that others are experiencing what you are going through!!!

Nikki

henri
03-07-05, 12:44
welcome kev!
henri

nomorepanic
03-07-05, 14:27
Hi Kevin

Just wanted to welcome you aboard the forum. I believe we met briefly in chat last night as well so good to see you there.

Hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

finny12000
03-07-05, 15:49
hi all just a huge thanks to all who have replied and in chat last night.had another bad night as im anxious about being anxious lol and its in my head 24/7.this morning i was nearly away to the pub to stop all the feelings but knew it would be back even worse,so ive done a washing went for a paper and made lunch and watched a bit of tennis ,its great when even for a minute your unaware of it and the longer i think this way the longer the periods without anxiety will become.i suppose its grinding it out and when im at lowest i try and think of positive things,even sing a song lol...see you all in chat later ..kev

k finnigan

Meg
03-07-05, 18:39
Good for you Kev.. Good choices today

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sal
03-07-05, 22:26
Hi Kevin

Welcome to the site. You have being though a great deal and coped really well and eventually it does get too much for us. We are all here to support you and you have done a great job so far in getting through this along with caring for the children.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.