PDA

View Full Version : scared

sue447
02-07-05, 11:54
hi everyone,
i am really worried about my breathing this morning, im still a bit out of breath, but when i took a deep breath i heard like a noise like a wheeze, its only when i do an intake of breath it happens, not when im breathing normal, now i cant stop doing the deep intakes of breath and now i feel like im not breathing right, does this mean there is something on my lungs now, can anyone relate[?]
luv sue xx

florence
02-07-05, 12:34
Hi

If you're so worried about your lungs, maybe it would be wise to check with docs and that would put your mind at rest..

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

LisaS
02-07-05, 12:42
hi Sue,

I often hear a wheeze when i breath but after a good cough it goes again.. I also get it after very cold drinks strangely! but its fine.. try and do something to get your mind off your breathing, i know its hard but I'm sure there is nothing to worry about. Perhaps if it doesn't go by tmrow, think about making an appt with your gp to let them listen to your lungs while you breath.. just to put your mind at rest..

love lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

sue447
02-07-05, 14:09
thanks guys,
ive had my chest checked last week and was told it was clear
luv sue xx

psycho2000
02-07-05, 15:32
If it's clear, then so good! That would probably mean u're being sensitive, if not to say obsessed, with your breathing rythm, which can make you think you're lungs are failing or something. If that happens, go outside, take a long slow walk, breath slow and normal, get urself tired a bit, and then come back home. You will feel much better and less sensitive to your breathing.

Sam.

One day, one day I will beat u and that day, I will be free again, as I was before...

seh1980
02-07-05, 18:57
You have nothing to worry about Sue - just try to relax :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
02-07-05, 20:47
Sue ,

why do you still believe that there us something wrong with your breathing when time has passed since you first posted about it - you are still here and doing fine breathing wise . What happens to your thought process each time ?

What is it that you think about each time and PLEASE do not start a new post each time when it is similar but do add onto the end of your previous one.

It strikes me that by always posting as though this is a new topic/ issue for you you are not recognising that this is a recurrent problem for you and needs to be viewed as such so moving on to what is behind it rather than superficial reassurance each time.

What meaning do you attach to the thoughts you're having ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

denise84
03-07-05, 16:04
hi, i feel like that alot, its only when you are aware of your breathing if you know what i mean. im actually going to get checked to see if im asthmatic, as it runs in the family anyway. but no doubt im being paranoid as usual. i know this may sound wierd but i tried chewing on airwaves and it makes the air you breath in seem cold and i found it actually worked to make me feel like i could breath properly. might work for you, you never know, i feel anything is worth a try. good luck xx.

dmcgovern

psycho2000
03-07-05, 16:23
Yeah...I tend to chew on Trebor Sugar free mints as well...I find it helps 'open' up the air passages and throat a bit. Though I'm sure it's mostly the mind relaxing.

Sam.

One day, one day I will beat u and that day, I will be free again, as I was before...

sue447
04-07-05, 11:58
meg- i just get scared that somethings going to happen, hense me sending a new post,so i get a quick reply, im not the only one who keeps on about the same thing all the time, and now i feel stupid, this site is helping me alot, i dont like being patrinised, and thats what i feel youve done in your last message
regards sue

Meg
04-07-05, 14:59
Sue,

I apologize if you feel that I have patronized you. That was not the intention whatsoever.

The intention is for you to look back at previous posts and see how similar you have felt before and show yourself that the breathing issues have either passed or become more manageable and seeing whether slowly you can start to learn to reassure yourself - which is the path to overcoming this.

By viewing each similar episode as a completely new set of symptoms and not a continuation of the same problem you are not making the connections and are not learning that each time this happens, it does pass and your worst fears each time do not happen. Nothing bad happens.

'i just get scared that somethings going to happen' .

Of course this scares you but getting responses to a same question each time cannot change how you feel, without changing your thoughts from being scared to being reassured and in order to progress from where you are now, you need to start learning to comfort and reassuring yourself and by rereading some of your previous posts when you become scared is a good place to start and to question yourself if this is a similar experience to one you've had previously.

This is certainly not about how many times you post. You are welcome to post several hundred times a day if you want to - this is about starting to get you to look beyond this immediate episode of discomfort - learning from past experiences so the future gets easier.

Best wishes

Meg

nomorepanic
04-07-05, 20:05
Hi Sue

If you add on to just one of your posts then everyone will see it just as quickly as we all look at active topics so it will appear on that list.

Meg was not being patronising she was just trying to get you to re-read all the previous posts you made and act on the advice that was given there.

I know it is hard but it won't just go away I am afraid. That is the problem with this illness - it has to be worked at and we have to find things that actually help alleviate/cure the symptoms we have.

If you have been checked over by the doctor then it is just that you are not breathing correctly. Try some abdominal breathing exercises to see if they help.

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

sue447
05-07-05, 09:17
hi everyone,
thanks for your replys,
meg- im really sorry i thought you were patrinising me, ive been really down this past week, i realise that you were not, and done what you suggested by looking at my previous posts, it helps for a little while then it comes back, its not just the breathing thing, ive also been having the feeling that i have a lump in my throat,which comes on spontanius through out the day, my chap isnt helping either he keeps pushing me to go out with him, i know i should but, its causing arguments, sometimes i do go out ,but within reason and on my terms, like not going out too far and not for long, i feel im letting everyone down, and i feel really stupid when i go out with him and start to get jittery, he just doesnt understand
thanks for reading
luv sue xx

Meg
05-07-05, 15:37
Its fine Sue. Easily done and I know too that I push you all - and quite hard too sometimes - to try to move on with all this and not allow you to fall into habitual patterns that will not serve any purpose long term

I may not suffer now but I do remember how awful and scary it is ...

Glad that looking back helped for a few minutes - thats all I was expecting, but do each time go through that exercise first and rereading and comparing how that episode was compared with the current one and remember what happened to make you feel a bit better and how long it was until it passed and then post a bit more onto the end if you want to ..

These are previous posts about throats - you might like to start one of your own and do the same thing but again use others experiences and past episodes to help reassure you that it is a natural anxiety occurance and will pass.

MORE HORRID SYMPTOMS!!!! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1957)
Hi All (Swallowing / Choking Fear...) (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3239)
What has suddenly changed, feel awful! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3518)
Really frightend of Swallowing, (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3576)
A strange one, anyone else experienced similar?? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3741)
throat !!! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3857)
Strange Lump in Throat (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3929)
Throat, improvements, questions (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4008)
Problems with eating and Swallowing, (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4175)

You're doing well to be going out and going out on your terms is ok for now. You need to stretch yourself but taking small steps progress at a time and getting used to that..

Most non panickers do not understand at all and then how well they can support you without doing harm is down to their empathy and patience levels..

You are certainly not stupid at all and you are not letting anyone down whilst you're still getting up each day and trying to help yourself.

Meg xx

nomorepanic
05-07-05, 19:05
Sue

Glad you are ok and not too upset. It is hard sometimes to express in writing what we could say with more emotion in words.

Hang in there ok and let's see if we can sort you out and help you to feel a lot better.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"