PDA

View Full Version : Eating and panicky symptoms AFTER?

Gryphoenix
02-01-09, 21:25
I think this might be a learned response rather than a physical one but recently after eating I get panicky after I get that 'digestive feeling', especially when I eat something with a lot of carbs. I had a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich and I got that kind of sleepy, flushed feeling and nearly had a panic.

I try and avoid overly large meals now and really watch what I eat (which actually could be healthy). I used to eat until the plate was empty but now I carefully monitor how I feel and just eat until I feel full. I hate the feeling of being too hungry so it's not like I'm not eating, I'm just trying to eat smaller portions. Like I said, I'm pretty sure this might be a mental response cause I've had a couple panics a long time ago after eating because of the heart-rate rising issue and I might just be relaying that feeling of panic onto ALL after-meal feelings. I'm usually fine if we're driving after eating and I can't feel my heart rate or the flushed feelings if I'm being distracted but if I'm at home on the computer or something or in the shower after eating (I have also had panics in the shower before so I associate shower/nervousness) I will tend to get freaked out.

I've been trying to battle it by just doing it, and the feeling of panic has been lessening, but it's still there and it's rather annoying because I just want to enjoy my meal or enjoy my shower without panicking.

Utility
02-01-09, 22:18
Hi,

Well you are certainly going about it the right way by not avoiding situations. As you said yourself the moments of panic are reducing, so it is just a case of taking it one step at a time and try not to rush it.