PDA

View Full Version : Visual Disturbance

JordanW92
02-01-09, 23:59
Hi, first of all, Happy New Year! I'm quite new to No More Panic and i'm just looking for a bit of reassurance i suppose. For those of you who didnt get to see my introduction thread, I'm 16 years old and suffer with anxiety/worry/panic have have done so for almost a year now.
Well basically i'm worried that i'm going to have a seizure or fit because I cannot bear to look at flashing/bright lights. I avoid even looking at my Christmas tree lights in fear that they will spark off a seizure. I went to London on New Year's Eve to watch the firework display and stood outside for the best part of 4 hours whilst waiting for them. When the fireworks started I just couldn't look at them, they sort of 'annoyed' (that is the best word I can use to describe it) me. I also had a panic attack right on midnight. So a fantastic start to the New Year so far :huh: .. I have no medical history of seizures. I have had ECG's and other tests on my heart as that was my previous worry.. they turned out all clear. I visited my optician for an eye test last month, that was fine. I sometimes feel dizzy, off balance.
Part of me is saying brain tumour, epilepsy (the worst case scenario things). The other part is saying lack of sleep, anxiety causing sensitivity to bright lights ect.
As I am writing this now I have a slight headache and really tired, sore eyes but I just don't want to sleep. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

agent orange
03-01-09, 11:02
It sounds like anxiety. If the Doctors have checked you out, they have done their job. Anxiety can cause some rather horrible sensations. If you are at all worried, you must go back to your doctors. I really think you have nothing to worry about. None of us here can really diagnose anything, but there are a lot of us here who suffer from anxiety and have a good insight into the condition. There are herbal anti-anxitic tablets you can get from the chemist/Pharmacy, but please check this out with them first.
Take care
Tony

Vanilla Sky
03-01-09, 11:29
Hi jordan, i feel for you i know exactly what you mean. When you are calm try to rationalise coz obviously you are able to, it is anxiety. I always feel like the anxiety we have is always looking to be fed so the willing side of us ( probably the irrationable) feeds it up big time with something huge like brain tumors or cancer, my latest one is heart disease, by the way, iv never had any of these illnesses i imagine i do. I know its hard to stop the thoughts but instead of going into panic, distract yourself like go for a brisk walk, play a computer game etc anything just dont feed the anxiety and it will get tired and become less and less, good luck hon love paige x

Dazo
03-01-09, 12:36
I can say i have alot of eye issues.
They feel like foggy vision and at times they are sore at times also.

Another thing i have noticed is that they can be watery, itchy or dry also.

I been checked many times without anything wrong, i guess its due to anxiety problems.

leanne1980
05-01-09, 09:03
i get this aswell, i feel like ive been staring at the sun, when i havent, when im particulary anxious i get it, ive had it for about 5 years on and off.

leanne xx