PDA

View Full Version : Ran out of meds

EMMA
02-07-05, 13:03
Hi

I'm a bit worried right now because I ran out of my meds on Thursday and can't get any now until Monday afternoon.

I lost my repeat prescription slip so I rang the doctors and they said to write on a slip of paper my name etc and what I needed and to bring it to the pharmacy (which is part of the doctors). It normally takes 48 hours so I took the request in on Thursday morning on my way to work thinking I would be able to collect them on Friday eveing so I wouldn't miss any days. But the sign said that prescriptions wouldn't be ready until Monday afternoon. I didn't have time to speak to the pharmacist because she was busy and I was late for work so I had to leave it. So I thought I would risk it.

So now I haven't had any meds for 2 days and I am starting to feel dizzy and drowsy.

Does anybody know what's the worst that can happen if I don't get any meds now until Monday? I am on Paroxetine and I know that you shouldn't stop them suddenly. Last time I was on them I had to come off them very gradually. I've been back on them for 3 months now. I can cope with the drowsiness but I don't want to start feeling panciky and anxious, especially as I have been feeling really good these last few weeks.

Thanks

Emma

bluebottle
02-07-05, 13:28
You will be OK, but if I was you I'd go down to my NHS walk in centre and get enough tablets to cover the weekend. Tell the duty doctor what the situation is and they should sort you out.

Also, to put your mind at ease you could try ringing http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/ and speak to a nurse.

Don't worry Emma, it will be fine.

--
Blue -
"Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

EMMA
02-07-05, 13:35
Thankyou, I think I'll perhaps ring NHS direct like you say. I've rang them before about other things and they have been very good.

I've always got diazpem in the cupboard for emergencies and rescue remedy.

It's my own silly fault for leaving it till the last minute!

bluebottle
02-07-05, 13:40
Its not your fault Emma, we all lead busy lives and you did think you had it covered. Unfortunately the UK has still to realise this is 2005 and not 1805.

Another suggestion, if you go to your local casualty department and ask to speak to the duty psychiatrist they should be able to help with the meds.

--
Blue -
"Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

pips
02-07-05, 15:45
Hi Emma,

Good suggestions there from Bluebottle. I hope you manage to get it sorted hun.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

seh1980
02-07-05, 18:52
hi Emma,

I didn't have meds for a few days once and I just went to the pharmacy in Sainsburys and they gave me 5 days supply. You should give it a go..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal