PDA

View Full Version : need some reassurance.

Magik
03-01-09, 01:44
Ok, this is the first time I've had an attack I believe with some chest pain located in my lower right area. Which is a weird place to have the pain. I think I've seen it mentioned that that's normal enough. The light headedness and the trouble breathing thing I'm used to, just how it came out of nowhere, and not having it build like it usually does is something new.

I just need some reassurance so I can hopefully get a grip on this version of attack, I didn't think attacks would change for a person especially since they, least I, typically always have the same symptoms, has anyone else had new symptoms added in to what they usually already go through? And I was doing so well too, normally I start to have problems hour agos, but I guess small steps right. Better to suffer for only three hours or so a day than to suffer through more than eight or so.

Sorry if I seem to be abit more concerned than I need to be, but with my current health scares, I just want to be sure.

Nechtan
03-01-09, 13:06
I've had pain in this area before but they usually go after a couple of hours. In my own case it is I think usually down to posture but could also be down to tension from anxiety which is why it goes fairly quickly. I hope your own pain has gone by now.

All the best

Nechtan

bel25
03-01-09, 15:10
Chest pains are completely normal for panic attacks.
My symptoms changed recently too! Recently i've experience heart skipping a beat, acute chest pains, detachment, dizziness, light-headedness which i never had before. It's quite frightening when you get new symptoms because you associate the anxiety with the old symptoms and getting new ones makes you panic as you've never had them before. You have to try and realise that this is anxiety too but just in a different form. Going to the gym or some form of exercise helps keep mine away. Only when i believe that all the symptoms are anxiety does this work otherwise you end up panicking while exercising- not a feeling you want to experience.
Hope you're feeling better :)
xxx

gtrgrl3369
03-01-09, 16:24
Anxiety symptoms are sneaky little creatures. As soon as you dont fear a symptom anymore, a new one will come to see how you will handle it. Try not to give into this one and it will go away faster. Take care.