PDA

View Full Version : Chapped lips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andyroo
03-01-09, 05:33
Hello ive lived in australia for 2 years now and in the time ive been here my lips have be dry and chapped almost everyday and theya re red as well!! i havet thought anything of it untill today im tired of always having dry red lips! i dont know what to do and im starting to worry about it because it has been going on for so long im starting to think its somthing serious i really need Advice on what i should do.. i drink lots of Water im always drinking!
im trying so hard not to google anything please guys im trying to stay strong here be4 i freak out.. i could really use your help:blush: .. i mean lcould it be like cancer???

Erica
03-01-09, 07:53
Your lips get dry because of the atmosphere, what I do is just us chapstick alot throughout the day.

tigger1964
03-01-09, 08:35
hi malv,

i dont think it will be cancer, i think its more likely to be because of the heat, try applying a lip balm through out the day.

take care

Andyroo
03-01-09, 10:02
yeah ive tried chap stick and everything nothing seems to help. if it worked then i wouldnt worry about it.

AnnieMags
03-01-09, 11:48
Hi Malv, I have had the same problem, but found that chap sticks in general only made things worse. This is probably because most commercial brands are full of nasty petrochemicals (vaseline etc) that actually compound the problem, ultimately drying out the skin. Look for a good brand of ORGANIC skin care (not just 'natural' - a lot of them claim to be that, but anyone can put that on their label and still cram the product full of the not-so-good stuff.) Once you start using a good organic lip balm, be patient - it will take some time before your skin is back to normal. And don't worry - dry skin is all it will be and you can sort it! Best wishes from Annie

lamentinglaura
03-01-09, 14:48
I've had chapped lips all the time during the winter and I haven't found lip balms to do much good either. My husband and son also have this problem. Please don't be scared that it could indicate something worse. It's a very common condition.

Andyroo
04-01-09, 01:48
Thank you all so very much.. you have made me feel so much better! thank you so much for everyone who replyed:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

rainstorm
04-01-09, 01:55
A lot of chap sticks don't really help with chapped lips, but some can work rather well. I've heard carmex is an excellant one. Also, I've had good results with "burt's bees" chapstick.

The thing you have to remember is, don't overapply or load on the chapstick, that's the key. Putting too much on will dry out your lips even more. A thin coating of about two or three "revolutions" around the whole lip is good enough, probably no more than three times per day.