PDA

View Full Version : Is this a panic attack or something very odd?

HeatherMc
03-01-09, 10:08
Hiya

Is it possible to have mental panic attacks with just mental symptoms instead of physical symptoms, I am really puzzled by this at the moment

what happens is that I go to sleep then wake up after weird vivid dreams with a feeling that my thoughts are all fragmented and nothing is making sense I start focusing on this and trying to form words in my head and worry about losing my mind ie as if my mind cannot function properly, I lie there for ages ruminating on this and nothing seems to make sense in my head, it wears off eventually when I start thinking of what I have to do that day and I get up, on a bad day I can worry about this all day and not want to get out of bed and worry that I have something really sinister wrong with me.

I am taking Citalopram but I had this before I was prescribed the tablets

Would be grateful for anyones take on this.

Many thanks

Heather

daisy76
03-01-09, 11:32
Hi Heather

Anxiety and panic attacks come inmany forms, i have had metal anxiety attack that have made me believe and think very odd, weird, sick thoughts.

Try to relax before you go to sleep, i use a amethyst crystal under my pillow, it works for me. Or a bath with lavender.

I hope you feel better soon.

Karen xx

HeatherMc
03-01-09, 15:08
Thanks Karen

Heather
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HeatherMc
03-01-09, 17:11
Thanks Tetley

I have decided to go back to work on Monday and try and put all this to one side, I cannot let it overtake my life as I am 41 and could quite easily have another good thirty years to go as for the crystals under the pillow I am currently browsing through some literature on crystals its interesting stuff.

One thing all this has made me is very open minded, I am exploring all sorts of avenues that I would not have given a second thought to before.

Thanks again

Heather