PDA

View Full Version : Feelings after eating

Dublin_Man
03-01-09, 17:14
just ate a smallish pizza and i feel all full and bloated and i get anxious over this

why is that

loads of negative thoughts , dont ask me which ones , just anxious in general

bagpuss
03-01-09, 17:28
I have the same thing, i even get anxious before i eat. I usually eat what i can and then do something active/distracting for a bit until the feeling wears off. The ironing or hoovering often work for me. I dont really know why, but i tend to hold all of my tension/panic in my tummy so the additonal weight of food/drink makes it feel heavier and worse.

Hope it improves asap,

Dublin_Man
03-01-09, 18:41
surely with all these cures or procedures for cancer and other illnesses there must be something the doctors can do

Burnsey
03-01-09, 18:44
cud it because u feel unwell due to the sluggish feeling and then worry over that? i know it do. also if the meal was very suggary or fast food i feel worse

LACEYA1961
03-01-09, 18:54
just ate a smallish pizza and i feel all full and bloated and i get anxious over this

why is that

loads of negative thoughts , dont ask me which ones , just anxious in general

Hi, Dublin:)

I feel so weird after I eat and it only happens to me in the mornings and sometimes after lunch. After dinner I feel fine.

The only way I can describe how I feel is extremely sluggish and my heart seems to beat harder and it skips beats, too. I feel just icky all the way around. It usally passes after an hour or so, though. I've only noticed this happening the past few months and it makes me feel very anxious. I don't like the feeling at all. For instance, I just now finished lunch and I'm feeling weird. I know it has to do with our digestive system and blood rushing to our stomachs and that makes us feel this way. I have no idea what to do about it except eat smaller meals?

Anyway, hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Lacey

Burnsey
03-01-09, 18:56
you need to keep your blood sugar levels even through out the day

Dahlia
03-01-09, 21:23
You could be feeling bloated, full and anxious because you have 'dumping syndrome'. It isn't an illness or anything (so don't worry). When you consume a lot of carbohydrate, your sugar level goes up, and your body releases insulin to cope with it. The rush of insulin can make you feel anxious. And when you feel anxious, you start to get the thoughts. I always get it after pizza, so does my sister.

The way to avoid it is to eat little meals throughout the day, rather than 3 big ones. And don't eat a lot of carbohydrate on an empty stomach. As Burnsey said, keep your blood sugar levels even throughout the day.

Dahlia

rainstorm
04-01-09, 01:06
Ahh...I have this sort of thing, too. I tend to eat massive meals, so this might explain why. Then for about thirty minutes after I'm done eating, I feel extremely anxious and then I get thoughts about what's wrong with me. Heh...

Dominic1975
04-01-09, 01:44
I ready somewhere that said to avoid eating large meals as this can make you anxious.... plus becareful on the type of food you are eating.... high sugar or fat foods can do the same

I sometimes feel sick after I eat, I just distract myself and it goes away after about 30mins....

rainstorm
04-01-09, 01:57
It seems that 30 minutes is the golden rule! :)

Good thing we're not alone in this regard.

pedropanic
05-01-09, 10:30
I if I have a big meal I get heart palpitations, which makes me anxious, which makes them worse! Plus my stomach starts that awful churning when I get anxious. I just try and relax, accept the symptoms as nothing more than normal increased activity in my digestive system and they soon pass.

It is hard to break the cycle though when physical symptoms are so constant!