PDA

View Full Version : Questionnaire for members with anxiety problems. Get paid £5 to respond.

nomorepanic
03-01-09, 19:59
My name is Kristin Bohn and I am working on research with my supervisor Dr Gary Brown as a part of my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Royal Holloway, University of London.

We have developed a series of questionnaires aimed at better understanding and characterising the feelings, behaviours and thoughts that are common to people with anxiety problems. The set of measures to date has profited greatly from the input of individuals with anxiety problems. We hope to continue this collaborative relationship, and are currently seeking participants for an online survey furthering this line of research. The Royal Holloway University Research Ethics Committee has approved this study, and so has the NHS Riverside Research Ethics Committee.

The entire study is being administered on the Internet, is anonymous and should take about 30-45 minutes. Those participating will receive a £5 voucher that can be used at high street shops. In addition, everyone participating will be entered into a prize drawing of one £50 prize, two £25 prizes, and three £10 prizes.

I have attached more information about the study in the form of a participant information sheet.

Many thanks for your consideration,

Kristin Bohn

************************************************** ************************************************** **********************

Kristin Bohn, DPhil Dipl-Psych
Department of Clinical Psychology
Royal Holloway University of London
Egham, Surrey TW20 OEX
Email: k.bohn@rhul.ac.uk (k.bohn@rhul.ac.uk)
Phone: +44 7813 936976

bottleblond
03-01-09, 21:19
Um maybe a silly question BUT would there be any possiblity of donating the fund to a charity rather than a voucher? If so then i would be more than happy to participate and would like to donate the £5 to NMP.

If not then i will still participate and forward the voucher on to Nic (nomprepanic) as i am sure it would make a good quiz prize.

Lisa
x

sunshine-lady
03-01-09, 21:38
Great idea Lisa!

I would like to fill in the questionnaire and the voucher to go to NMP, like you said it would make a great quiz prize.

keith113
04-01-09, 03:09
Hi Lisa,

I would like to take part in the questionnaire, and the voucher goes to NMP.

Keith

eeyorelover
04-01-09, 06:30
Also is it just for people from the UK or can others participate?

bottleblond
04-01-09, 21:21
When can we start? Lol

Lisa
x

lorac
04-01-09, 21:24
Great idea Lisa, I would do it for a donation to NMP

Carol

EmmaJane
04-01-09, 21:25
I'm willing to do it for NMP aswell.

Keep me informed.

Lisa Im not on if you get the go ahead for vouchers for NMP, then can you PM or email please and i'll do it.

Thanks Emma xx

Karen
04-01-09, 22:00
When can we start? Lol

The url address is in the attachment towards the bottom of the first post. If you copy and paste it into a new window the questionnaire is there. You put your details in at the end if you wish to receive the voucher.

Karen

alexis
04-01-09, 22:31
I would happily copmplete it but wouldnt want the voucher, would want it to go to nmp too

fairyloveheart
04-01-09, 22:43
I had a go but stopped as was too anxious to answer the questions about likelihood of being killed in a car accident etc etc etc..... fate.....

bottleblond
05-01-09, 21:44
Completed the survey and found it really quite interesting.

Will forward My voucher to NMP

Lisa
xxx

Kristin
05-01-09, 22:10
Dear All,

First of all thank you very much for your interest in my study! A special thank you to all of you who have already taken part. I really appreciate it.

Regarding the vouchers: It's very nice of you to be wanting to donate your vouchers to NMP. Unfortunately the vouchers are not £5 in cash, but £5 that can be used in high street stores. However, I cannot see a reason why you shouldn't be able to just pass them on to NMP if you want to (I cannot send them to NMP directly, I can only send them to the people who participate).

Please let me know if you have any questions or any feedback regarding the study. Thanks!

Kristin

Here's the link to the study again:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=5efcxRq3hIvq3kfh2q6IoQ_3d_3d

Kristin
05-01-09, 22:17
Dear eeroyelover,

Thanks for your interest in my study.
Everyone can take part, not just people from the UK.

Best
Kristin

bottleblond
05-01-09, 22:39
Kristin

Thanks for your reply and i found your questionaire very interesting. :flowers:

Thankyou for allowing us to pass the vouchers on to NMP, It's very much appreciated.

Very best of luck with your study

Love Lisa
xxx

purplehaze
07-01-09, 10:12
The end result is people with anxiety will show a more likely-hood of being careful and be consious of their health than those without anxiety. Less likely to take risks etc

Again this depends on the type of emotional issues they have

weeble40
07-01-09, 10:20
tried to take the study, but got fed up, choosing cards, sorry

Emma

Kristin
09-01-09, 11:46
Hi everyone,

Thanks to all of you who have already taken part in my study, and thank you to those of you who have been so positive about it.

Emma, yes, I understand ... the gambling task can get a bit tedious... Thank you for having attempted it though! The questionnaires after the gambling task are less tedious! :)

Again, if anyone has any other feedback, it would be great to hear it.

Thank you!
Kristin

sunshine-lady
19-01-09, 16:44
I have received my voucher, thank you Kristin :smile: can somebody please let me know how to forward it to NMP? Looks like there are lots of shops it can be spent in, so think they will make great quiz prizes :smile:

bottleblond
19-01-09, 17:14
You could pm Nic (nomorepanic) and she will let you know where to send them.

Lisa
xx

purplehaze
20-01-09, 10:08
The gambling one is all about risks, it is worth doing so go for it

karenb
20-01-09, 10:11
Hi Lisa,

I would like to take part in the questionnaire, and the voucher goes to NMP.

Keith

me too!

Karen

bottleblond
21-01-09, 19:34
Kristin

Thankyou very much for the voucher. I will forward it to Nicola!

Lisa
xxx

sunshine-lady
21-01-09, 20:32
Thank you Lisa
:hugs:

joelhall
27-01-09, 17:11
i think this was a very well planned out survey, with very good questions. though at times i thought only one or two of the questions and their answers a little rigid or repetitive, this is one of the better ones i have completed. i really look forward to the next part.

joel

nomorepanic
05-02-09, 18:06
I finally got round to completing it and found it interesting

Kristin
19-02-09, 00:07
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the positive responses - it's great to get such good feedback.

Thank you very much to everyone who has already taken part!
I am still looking for participants, so if you haven't already logged on and completed my survey, I would like to invite you to do so.

Thank you!
Kristin

Kristin
19-02-09, 00:10
Thought I should post the link to the survey again, since it seems to have got lost in this thread:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=5efcxRq3hIvq3kfh2q6IoQ_3d_3d

Thanks again!!