PDA

View Full Version : swaying/ unbalance

madmandy
03-01-09, 19:14
Hi all,
Curious if anbody has just the same symptons as me, lightheadiness, swaying all seems unreal, only happens in shops and in public area, no feeling of nausea, sweats hot flushes etc as others have mentioned, no problem driving or walking in countryside,i drive into town, start walking to a shop, then end up heading back to the car where i am fine,tried different breathing techniques, nothing seems to help, any tips please its getting worse,
thanks madmandy.

Missy69
03-01-09, 19:20
The only bit of advice i can offer is please dont stop doing the these things like walking into shops, thats how i started, and i wish id tackled it there and then, as it does get harder if you start to give in to this fear, for me it evetualy made me fear the whole outdoors, drivng any were public. I am much better now, just by doing it with the feelings, but i wasted a whole lot of time and made it so much more scarey for myself, just by giving in to the fear. Im sure you will get lots of advice and help on this

Purple Fish
03-01-09, 19:25
Hi Madmandy,

I have experienced this in the past and I`m thankful it is nowhere near as bad as it used to be. My doctor said it was a combination of stress/anxiety and hormones (as I was always feeling dizzy/lightheaded/swaying just before my period). I was prescribed Prozac which has helped a great deal and I found that the more I let it bother me the worse it got. I still get it a bit leading up to and sometimes during my period but I know what it is so it doesn`t bother me. If I do feel worried about it I make an appointment to see my doctor as he`s been a big help. I do find that slow deep breaths help as it takes my mind of it as I`m concentrating on something else. Make an appointment to see your doctor and explain how you`re feeling.

Take Care

Tanya xx

eternally optimistic
03-01-09, 21:10
Hi Mandy

Sarah is sooo right, dont stop doing or going to places that seem to cause this. Dont fight it either cause that can make you uptight.

If possible, try and visit the places that aggrevate when your not worked up about anything. I know you cant always gauge that..

But, stopping going shopping etc will not help in the long run.

GOOD LUCK and take care