PDA

View Full Version : so scared after what happened this evening

mummy4
03-01-09, 19:44
ill start by saying i have a lovely hubby 3 kids and am almost 38 weeks pregnant.
today hubby i and kids went to asda to get some new school bits and bobs-felt fine.
this evening i had to nip to tesco just along the road to get few bits and some petrol my daughter whos 7 wanted to come with me.
anyway got to tesco got a small trolly and in we went. i wanted to go to the electrical dept which was right down other end of store got half way there (still with an empty trolly) and all of a sudden felt so so wierd its hard for me to explain. felt dizzy/spaced out like i wanted to run but couldnt like i couldnt balance properly just really odd. i let go of trolly grabbed daughters hand and said quick lets go and walked very fast to the exit which felt like i was walking on clouds or something :scared15: really frightened me.
got back in car and just really cried and told daughter i felt sick.
im so frightened now i feel real stupid and a failure:weep:
why why why is all i keep asking myself
please, does anyone else ever get like this?

tiffanysdesigns
03-01-09, 19:49
Hun I am so sorry you real like this. Unfortunately I feel like this quite a lot at the mo. Please remember you are NOT a failure.

Have you explained to your husband how you are feeling ?

((((hugs))))

mummy4
03-01-09, 19:56
hi its nice to hear im not alone.
i was really crying when i got home and hubby gave me nice cuddle but he doesnt understand bless him x

tiffanysdesigns
03-01-09, 20:01
I know how you feel hun, yesterday i burst into tears because I was so scared about taking my tablets the doctor prescribed. My Husband gave me a cuddle but I felt a bit silly tryin to explain how I was feeling.

Believe me you are not alone and if you ever need to talk please send me a message. I am sure by talking to people who also suffer then we can help each other feel better

xxxxx

shortstuff
03-01-09, 20:21
I get like this such a lot too, you're not on your own. The toughest part is the feeling of failure I think. It has knocked me back so many times I've felt like giving up completely. Why can we remember every time we are unable to do something because of this panic beast but often struggle to recall the leaps of progress we have all made? Human nature I suppose.

I'm still recovering from my last two 'failures' and one of them was 5 weeks ago!! Still, in between the feelings of despair I keep reminding myself that I've climbed this mountain before and now I now more of the route. Each time I begin the climb the route becomes more familiar and I get a little further than the previous time. I want to reach the top (normality) in one journey, but my brain wants to go the scenic route and teach me a few things on the way! Each setback teaches me something more about myself (good or bad) and when I finally reach the top of recovery mountain I'll be stronger and more resiliant than I ever was! I certainly hope so anyway.

Don't beat yourself up, and remember you're not alone in all of this.

mandie
04-01-09, 02:08
Hi

Aww poor u.

I get exactly the same feelings as u described. Its not nice u are going through it, but to find someone who has wot i have doesnt make me feel so alone.

love mandie x

mabelina
04-01-09, 23:01
My panic attacks all started out this way. I would feel absolutely great, but the minute id walk into a shop, the place would start spinning. Tesco was a nightmare! I didnt even know what panic attacks were at that time so was really frightened as to what was going on. I just couldnt figure out why this would happen when i entered a store, especially as i loved shopping and really wanted to be there. The more it kept happening, the more it would frighten me, then the rest of the panic attack symptoms would follow slowly day by day. I begged my doctor for an inhaler as i thought i would stop breathing and was convinced the dizziness was a brain tumor. He then told me what it was panic attacks but i still dont know why they started. That was 17 years ago and even now when im in a store, i have to look around at things slowly or everything will start spinning. The minute i come out im great!:doh:

mummy4
05-01-09, 00:05
thanks for your replys and im so so glad im not alone i was starting to think i was the only one like this for a moment!
im on meds but only 5mg a day so a very very low dose and doesnt seem to be touching the sides atm :(
i have had this before but not for a very very long time.
today i ordered my shopping online as i just cant face going back there not yet anyway :(