PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to be this paraniod about nothing?!

Peru83
02-07-05, 21:27
I'm new to all of this, only been getting pa's for about a month and been on meds for a week.

I'm still feeling as bad as I did when I had my first pa and I don't really feel like I am getting better. Thankfully I haven't had another pa since last thursday, fingers crossed it stays that way! I just keep thinking that it must be something else.

I'm getting alot of ache's and pains, constantly tired, still got the dp/dr, head ache's and yellowing of the whites of my eye's. Is this just all in my head, again?! I'm trying not to think about it too much as I don't want to get any more anxious eventhough I am feeling it coming on.
Do I go back harrassing my doctor? Or am I just over reacting? I still can't face having a fag or coffee, I just drink water.

help?!

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

melanie
02-07-05, 21:43
Hiya i have had pa for about ten years but now just have anxiety and ocd for me that is easier but that is a personal thing.
If you can the best thing with anxiety is try not to think about it which is very hard but try and keep yourself busy if not physically read a book or watch tv or something.I suppose you could say i am a bit of an old hat at it so if you ever want to chat or anything pm me or email me and i will try aqnd help.
take care
mel xx

melanie

Meg
02-07-05, 21:58
The meds will still be settling down so will not have started to help you yet .

*I just keep thinking that it must be something else. * What sort of examination did your GP do originally , what tests have you had - blood tests etc ?

It is not common to get yellowing of the whites of your eyes.. tell me a bit more about why you think it is - what meds are you on ?

Good news about coffee and fags although if you were a high user that would explain some of your symptoms - they should pass shortly.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

dan04
02-07-05, 23:00
I found accepting and understanding panic attacks were the worst part about having them. Try not to beat yourself up if you're having a bad day. And from what I know about panic attacks you are unlikely to have them about nothing. There is a 'trigger' that makes you feel anxious but that varies from person to person.
Dan.

Peru83
03-07-05, 08:52
Thank you for the reply's.

dan- I am finding it hard to accept the panic attacks, as for me there doesn't seem to be any particular triggar. Thats why they frighten me soo much. My first panic attack happened when I was watching TV, My second was the next morning when I woke up, My third when I lay on the couch with a head ache, My fourth in the middle of Asda ect. They do seem to of calmed down since I was put on the meds but I am still getting the syptoms now and again (about 2-3 times a day) like a pa is going to come on and I am constantly sitting in fear of when it's going to happen.

meg- The doctor first thought that I had an elergic reaction to beechums flu plus, then it was thought that I had sinusitis then an ear infection and finally a viral infection (doctors favourite when they can't find the problem if you ask me). I knew that it wasn't any of these so kept persisting that the doctor do some tests so they did. I had six viles of blood sent off for testing of wich my doctor said that if there was anything wrong then it would show and they all came back clear. I then asked to see a different doc and she determend that I had a panic disorder and depression and put me onto Citalipram 20mg and has asked me to go back in a month.

melanie- thank you, I do try and pre-occupy my self, I have 3 small kids so they tend take up all of my time. But I still find that it's there just waiting to happen and I am always concious of how I am feeling. I will try and take everything that everyone has said on board, at the moment things are just feeling hopeless.

Meg
04-07-05, 15:40
I hope that the meds do suit you and help.

I agree that your diagnosis process has not been the most straightforward...

'yellowing of the whites of my eye's' What about this ?

'I am constantly sitting in fear of when it's going to happen' Being fearful of them does make it more likely to happen as you're thinking about them again . It is normal to have an awareness of how you are most of the time when you're acute and its hard to lose - but with time, improvement and practice it does fade

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Peru83
04-07-05, 18:09
The yellowing of the eye's could be down to the fact that I have been smoking for a few years, I think this might just be a case of me over reacting and looking for things. My eye's tend to look worse in the morning as they are all blood shot and dry but that does tend to calm down.

I think that I am just finding this all too much to handle and cope with as I am usually such a together person. I'm only 21 and have 3 toddlers! So I don't have time to be distracted or have worries and then BANG! this has happened. All of a sudden I am a blubbering mess who's anxious, scared of everything and having panic attacks. It's not just new to me it's a shock.

I just want this to stop! I know that most of you have been dealing with this alot longer than me and most definatly wish the same but I just want to go back to how I was a couple of months ago. I don't like feeling like I can't cope, I am begining to feel worthless!