PDA

View Full Version : Hello

dan04
02-07-05, 22:20
Hi,
I'm Daniel and I've been suffering from anxiety for the past 6 years. I wasn't sure whether to sign up for the forum as I'm quite guarded about my problems and lack confidence, but I suppose the majority of people who suffer from anxiety disorders are in the same boat. The panic attacks started when I was 15 and descended into depression about 6 months after my life started falling apart. I came off anti-depressants in 2002 and began CBT in 2004. Up until March 2004 I was effectivley a recluse. I avoided my family and all but two of my friends dissapeared. I am just finishing a 1 year spell working for Barnardos and am hoping to move into something more challenging. Things are better than they've been for a long time and my life is on the up, but I still spend a lot of time away from the world. I have difficulty making friends with new people and I feel so alone at times. I guess I signed up here because it's nice to know that you aren't alone.

Anyway, that's me.

jill
02-07-05, 22:23
Hi Dan

WELCOME TO THE SITE

There are lots of nice people here who will
help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

shybabyboo
02-07-05, 22:55
welcome dan :D

i thought the same exact thing about coming here but even though its only been a few days since i started talking, ive realised it was great! i am a private person when it comes to talking about things but i have opened up alot since being here. [8)]

Jenn

Meg
02-07-05, 23:26
Dan

Firstly, well done for managing to turn yourself around .

Was it the CBT that helped most ?

You have made the biggest changes that you needed to in order to function and get out and about.

You now may like to do some self directed study on improving self image and self esteem or seeing if you can get on a course specifically designed to help these issues

Working for Barnados must have been satisfying - whats next ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Karen
02-07-05, 23:51
Hi Dan

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

psycho2000
03-07-05, 05:22
Hi mate, welcome to this board. It's a wonderful place, you will learn a lot, very quickly, and hopefully make leaps of progress.

Drop us a PM if you wanna chat anytime ok.

Sam.

One day, one day I will beat u and that day, I will be free again, as I was before...

dan04
03-07-05, 10:58
Was it the CBT that helped most ?
Good professional advice was the most helpful thing. I've seen some useless theripists, but the one I've got at the moment's great.

Working for Barnados must have been satisfying - whats next ?
It was great to work for Barnardos and get a taste of the real world. I'm signed up with a voulenteer scheme so I'm waiting on them at the minute.

Thanks for all the encouragement. This place seems great.
Dan :)

pinkscrumpy
03-07-05, 11:09
Hi Dan

Welcome aboard.

Hope the site helps

love

:D:D

MANDIE XX

Mcched
03-07-05, 12:26
Hi Dan

Welcome aboard!! You'll find that your not alone with the feelings you have. With this site I've learnt you don't have to suffer in silence!!!

Take care

Nikki

henri
03-07-05, 13:09
Hey Dan,
Welcome to the forum. You are definitely not alone!
Henri

nomorepanic
03-07-05, 14:19
Hi Dan

Just wanted to give you a big welcome aboard the forum and I hope we can be of some help to you.

You will meet a great bunch of people on here so stick around ok?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Meg
03-07-05, 18:54
Good on you Dan -

Thats a great avenue to follow

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sal
03-07-05, 22:19
Hi Daniel

Welcome to the site and i know how much it does help knowing you are not alone in how you feel.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.