PDA

View Full Version : New to site.

xxonesweetbabyxx
04-01-09, 01:32
Hello, My name is Jenn, I'm 24, & I have suffered from anxiety and depression for several years now, but haven't seeked treatment until now. Over the last few months I really took a turn for the worse. All of a sudden I became aware that my heart is beating fast most of the day around (arount 100 at reast and 115-130 bpm once I'm up for the day) & I can feel it beating most of the time, especially when trying to fall asleep. I get lightheaded, dizzy, nauseated, difficulty breathing, lump in throat, chest pain & experience palpatations...the sensations that I get scare me & they are the worst! When I went to my physican he referred me to a cardiologist. I had an echo, EKG, stress...all normal. He is also going to send me to a pulmonologist to rule out any breathing diseases. After reading some of the threads I'm coming to realize that many of the problems that I'm having are due to stress and anxiety. I have seeked therapy & have been diagnosed with agoraphobia, generalized anxiety disorder, and severe depression. I'm hoping to talk with others that suffer from the same problems I do & find the road to recovery.

:welcome: Jenn

macca78
04-01-09, 02:09
Hi Jenn

I'm brand new too. I've got severe GAD plus depression. I think for years I have had OCD too but I have never dared tell nyone about the OCD. I've just started medication. I have butterflies in my stomach all the time, nothing alleviates them. I also feel numb sometimes, jittery, nauseous...

Kate

stargenie
04-01-09, 04:24
Hi my name is Becky, i am new o this site too as from tonight. I have been suffering from panic/aniexty attacks for 3 and a bit years now, it calmed down a bit since i found out i was pregnant mainly because other things have taken my mind of it. Not saying it has gone because it hasn't... sometimes gets worse because i am pregnant and being left to do it alone once again. Double whammy....

Henry1234
04-01-09, 10:17
Hi One Sweet Baby

WELCOME - I have only recently joined and made some good friends already - I couldnt believe that other people were suffering and experiencing the same as me

Mark

sunshine-lady
04-01-09, 15:53
Hi and welcome to NMP
I am sure you will like it here, there are a lot of members here who cam relate to how you are feeling.
You will find a lot of help, support and information here. Chat is a grat place to meet new friends. xxx

LUKEborn1983
04-01-09, 17:18
Hi Jenn,

welcome to NMP..
I know how hard its is for you with this disorder, because i also
had agoraphobia, depression and panic disorder.....i just hope they will
find a cure for this disorder soon....really really hope.

and good luck to you Jenn,
hope you get better soon...

LUKE

EmmaJane
04-01-09, 17:32
Welcome to NMP

Patty
05-01-09, 14:44
Hi Jenn, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :hugs:

weeble40
07-01-09, 09:37
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx