PDA

View Full Version : I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

NANAX10
03-07-05, 00:00
O.K.........I'M NEW HERE. I HAVE BEEN HAVING HORRIBLE ANXIETY AND SOME PANIC ATTACKS FOR A COUPLE MONTHS NOW. THIS IS ALL DUE TO HEALTH ANXIETY AND A FEAR I HAD OVER MY HEALTH BACK IN MARCH AND THINGS JUST ESCULATED! ACTUALLY, THIS TIME LAST YEAR I FELL AND BROKE MY FIBIA AND TIBIA AND WAS HOUSE BOUND FOR ABOUT 5 MONTHS!

ANYWAY, I JUST WONDER HOW MANY OF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'LL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN? I HAD HIGH ANXIETY/P.A. WHEN I WAS IN MY 20'S AND 30'S AND THEY LEFT COMPLETELY. I REALLY CAUSED THIS MYSELF BY GETTING SO STRESSED OUT OVER 'WHAT IF'....AND IT WASN'T! I SOARED MY BLOOD PRESSURE TO 200/105 AND LUCKILY GOT THAT UNDER CONTROL. IT'S BEEN LITTLE THINGS OFF AND ON AND BECAUSE I'M SO SENSITIZED, EVERYTHING IS BIGGER THAN IT REALLY IS. I JUST NEED SOME SUPPORT I GUESS FROM WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND LIKE YOU ALL DO!

KATHY LYNCH

Meg
03-07-05, 00:09
Kathy ,

It sounds like you have done a good job on yourself previously and improved remarkably so well done and you recognise what the issue is ..which is great

Whats the current HA ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

NANAX10
03-07-05, 01:33
THANKS MEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CURRENT ANXIETY IS......I HAD BLOOD WORK UP DONE THIS PAST WEEK AND MY DR. IS OUT OF COUNTRY FOR ANOTHER 2 WEEKS. OUTSIDE THE FACT THAT IT IS APPARENT THAT I HAVE DIABETES NOW (I CAN DEAL WITH THAT AS MY HUBBY HAS IT TOO)....NOT TOO BAD, BUT BAD ENOUGH!

I NOTICED WHEN THE NURSE GAVE ME A COPY AS REQUESTED, THAT MY BILIRUBIN IS AT THE HIGH END OF NORAML, BEING 1.3 WHICH IS IN THE PARAMETER. I'M SCARED THAT TAKING THIS STATIN DRUG I HAVE BEEN ON HAS DONE SOMETHING HORRIBLY OR THAT I HAVE A MAJOR ISSUE WITH MY LIVER! I HAVE HAD 'COLICKY' SYMPTOMS BUT NOT A DEEP HARD PAIN AT ALL.....I'M WONDERING IF THE STATIN DRUG BUT MY BILRUBIN WHERE IT IS?????

I JUST CAN'T GET A GRIP! I WAS DOING FINE UNTIL LIKE I SAID, EARLIER THIS YEAR. AM IN THERAPY (COGNITIVE) AND IT IS HELPING. MY HUBBY IS TRYING TO BE SO SUPPORTIVE, BUT I KNOW THIS HAS GOT TO GET OLD AT SOME POINT!

I WISH I WAS LIKE OTHER PEOPLE. THEY HAVE A PAIN, ACHE OR WHATEVER, AND NO BIG DEAL. I IMMEDIATELY GO FOR THE BIG 'C' (COUNSELOR TOLD ME THIS IS PRETTY NORMAL FOR JUST ABOUT EVERYONE, BUT)..................

I ALSO HAVE AN INNER EAR DISORDER AND I'VE BEEN HAVING RINGING IN MY EARS AND I'M GETING FREAKED OUT IT IS SOMETHING MAJOR!!!!!!!!!

I'M FEELING BLUE BECAUSE MY INTERNIST IS ON VACATION. IT IS LIKE MY 'SECURITY BLANKET' HAS GONE AWAY![V]

AGAIN, THANKS FOR RESPONDING

MEG, THANKS FOR RESPONDING TO ME SO SOON................I SO APPRECIATE IT!

KATHY LYNCH

Meg
03-07-05, 07:55
When you first start with Diabetes your feel all sorts of things which are new and it takes time to acclimatise to these. Knowing about it can help but doesn't help with new sensations. Are you treated yet ?

Your bilirubin is within normal limits so at this time is not a concern.

Statins do work on some enzymes that are made in the liver and as a natural by product, some of the liver functions can be altered without causing any problems at all. It is advisable to monitor liver functions at 3-6 monthly intevals whilst on statins so your doctor is doing all the right things.

If all your liver function results were altered then it may be advisable to watch a bit closer but at this time this is not he case and the cardiovascular protection you're getting from the statin will be worth this ,especially as its still within normal ranges.

Please do not post routinely in full capital letters.

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

josiepickle
03-07-05, 08:13
Hi Kathy

Everything you say in your posting sounds very very familiar to me and many others who use this site.

I always catastrophise about any slight ache, pain or twinge. At the moment its my heart I'm worried about even though I have had clear ECG's. Its frustrating and such a waste of time isn't it?

Hopefully now you've found this site you wil take comfort from the fact that there are many people like us.

I'm glad you mentioned that cognitive therapy has begun to help as I start mine soon and I am a bit apprehensive, I think I expect it to be a miracle cure, but i know really I'm in this for the long haul.

Speak soon
Jo xx

NANAX10
04-07-05, 04:50
Thanks Meg and Josie!

Well, want to hear my day? I woke up at 7 to horrendous palpitations! Finally at 3:30 I told my hubby it's time to go to the E.R. My daughter an R.N., said 'it's just your nerves, Mom'. However; being nearly 57 and having put up with those things for HOURS....my hubby brought me! Was there a mere 2 hours. Did EKG, blood work and chest xray...had me on the monitor....IT IS BENIGN PVC'S which they don't know why, but lots of women get these things. I have had them since starting menopause but NEVER, EVER for this long. Doctor said they really don't treat them! (:-( Told me I need to calm down and try to de-stress and asked if I'm on any anxiety medicine! Yup, I am! This is all because of me getting so freaked out over a possible problem with my blood work that didn't mean squat! WHY, OH WHY do I do this to myself. I just sat there when the dr. came in and cried! I told him my anxiety level is beyond beyond! ANXIETY STINKS!

Thanks for all of your support.

KATHY LYNCH

josiepickle
04-07-05, 09:07
Hi Kathy

Once again I can only say been there, done it many many times. I went through a stage of always wanting to go to A+E for reassurance and as I work in the same hospital it was all a bit embarrasing!!!!!

Even with all the tests coming back negative I still find it hard to believe that all my symptoms are down to anxiety, but I'm trying and I won't give up hope that one day I will have real control over this. If I'm honest I do still try and carry on as before the only thing that I truly am not up for is work at the moment, but I think thats a hospital thing!!!!!

Kathy I hope you have had a better day and have managed to relax a bit at least.

Speak soon Jo xx

Meg
04-07-05, 15:34
Kathy

I can understand 8 hours worth of palpitations scaring you enough to want to seek help - especially if its not normal for you.

Here are a few previous posts on palpitations. Hope you can relate.

palpatations (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2284)
Missed heartbeats! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3186)
sorry for being silly....but.... (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3320)
Palpitations? Reassurance needed and some answers! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3371)
Missed heartbeat question again (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3550)
IS THERE ANYMORE I CAN DO???? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3784)

Meg

NANAX10
04-07-05, 19:26
Thanks Meg:

I had a great sleep last night and woke up to NO palpitations (so far anyway). I'm just going to try to have a 'normal' day (whatever that is these days), and TRY not to get myself worked up over anything! I'm really getting tired of all these OBSESSIVE thoughts about my HEALTH! Wouldn't it be great if all of us here lived in the same town and were able to have face to face support! I bet we would all have so much fun! There has GOT to be a + to all this ANXIETY.......!

Back at you soon.

KATHY LYNCH

nomorepanic
04-07-05, 20:16
Kathy

I am so pleased you had a good night's sleep and no palpitations.

It would be lovely if you were closer to us then you could come to a meet-up we have in the UK but for now we will support you on here all we can.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

NANAX10
05-07-05, 02:22
Thanks Nicola............I wish I was could go to one of your meetings! I think it is FANTASTIC to have support. Since I have become such a paranoid health anxiety freak, I have discovered 2 other people in my small town (I'm sure there are more), that have been comforting. Plus I am lucky to have a few VERY CLOSE girlfriends who listen to me and try to help at not matter what time, etc.....I'm very blessed that way. I'm hoping after yesterdays fiasco (the palpitations and the E.R.), I'm going to finally wake up and return to normal. It's just been a very rough year for me. I was suffering depression for a few weeks but that seems to have been rectified and now just to move on and recover the extreme ANXIETY. Helping one of my good friends with panic has helped me too!

Please take care, all of you. HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

KATHY LYNCH

NANAX10
05-07-05, 06:09
For Jo:

Say, I read your thread and I'm just wondering. Being that you are so anxious and have health anxiety, how do your survive your job and all working in a hospital???????? Just curious. See, I get so anxious just THINKING about being in one. I was so nervous during those palpitations yesterday and being in the E.R. that my blood pressure was sky high (like at one point 200/100)...............that is what I can do to MYSELF if I get so freaked out. Or, my word for the whole shabang is....................................'SKITZ-OID'..........just about sums me up! Went for a 15 minute walk tonight (my hubby and I walk every other night) and I was terrified that I might start those ****** palps back up, but so far so good................it was very intense yesterday and these doctors think no big thing and we just have to live with them?????? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Have a good day.

KATHY LYNCH

Meg
05-07-05, 15:46
Walking will not start your palps off . Exercise is good for your heart so keep that up.

Meg

NANAX10
06-07-05, 01:42
Once again Meg, thanks for the vote of confidence! We are suppose to get away tomorrow for a couple days up in the country and I'm scared to go in case they start again. They may say their 'benign' but the fact that they are so darned frightening, can fool one to think otherwise! I've been crying today. A few good friends called and one in particular who is in California for vacation, cried with me on the phone. She has been here where I am at. She insists if I take an anti-depressant, I'd feel sooooooooooooooooo much better in a matter of weeks. I told her that I am scared because of how they'll make me feel (dizzy, out of it, whatever, maybe even bring on palps). She said take it at night with the ativan and my atenonol and sleep through it!! She is a firm believer that they help people beyond measure. My doctor presribed Lexapro 6 weeks ago and I discussed this with my counselor who favors Paxil but right now my Dr. is out of country for another 2 weeks and all I have is the Lexapro. ER doctor gave me 10 Trazadone....do you know anything about these medications Meg? This past year has just been a nightmare for me. Any thoughts?

KATHY LYNCH

josiepickle
06-07-05, 07:29
Hi Kathy

Hope you managed to get away for a few days and all is ok.

You asked how I manage to work in a hospital, well I work in the maternity dept so luckily I don't have to see too many nasty things, people attending are mostly happy and healthy. At the moment I am not at work as my GP has signed me off for a couple of weeks. Some days I do wonder if I will ever get back into the swing of things.

speak soon Jo xx

NANAX10
07-07-05, 19:56
HI JO!!!!!!!

WELL, I'M SO GLAD THAT YOU HAVE SOME TIME OFF. SO, I SEE YOU HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF THOSE DREADED PALPS. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU GONE TO THE ER? DO YOU GET THEM A LOT WHERE THEY CAN LAST ALL DAY? THAT WAS MY FIRST EXPERIENCE AND KNOW I HAVE ANXIETY OF 'WHEN' IS IT GOING TOHAPPEN AGAIN? LIKE I SAID IN PREVIOUS POST, I'VE HAD THEM FOR 5 YEARS OFF AND ON WHEN I FIRST STARTED MENOPAUSE BUT NOTHING, NOTHING LIKE SUNDAY....COURSE I'M IN A HORRIBLE ANXIETY/PANIC MODE. MY COUNSELOR TOLD ME YESTERDAY HE WOULD LIKE TO SEE ME ON PAXIL. I AM SUCH A LIGHT WEIGHT THAT IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH OF ANY MEDICATION TO DO THE TRICK! STILL, MY DR. IS OUT OF TOWN FOR ANOTHER WEEK WHICH WOULD MEAN ME HAVING TO RETURN TO ANOTHER DR. TRY TO FILL HIM IN AND THAT CAUSES ME SOME ANXIETY. I'M SURE MY DOCTOR WILL FOLLOW UP WITH A COUPLE OF OTHER TESTS TO CHECK OUT THE P.V.C.S EVEN IF THE ER DOCTOR SAYS I'M FINE. I DO KNOW FOR A FACT, THEY WERE CAUSED MY ME AND ME ALONE BEING SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STRESSED OUT! HOW DO YOU HANDLE IT ALL JO? DOES YOUR HEART AREA HURT AFTERWARDS? THE E.R. DOC TOLD ME IT SOUNDED LIKE I HAVE A BIT OF COSTOCHONDRITIS! (INFLAMATION AROUND THE MIDDLE CHEST)...HE SAID IT DEFINITELY WASN'T MY HEART!

HOPE THIS FINDS YOU DOING AS BEST AS YOU CAN.

HUGS,

KATHY

KATHY LYNCH

Meg
07-07-05, 22:53
Hi Kathy,

AD's can make a big difference but they do not cure you . Its a band aid effect and they may help or not.

Someday you have to come off them.

Why is your counsellor insistent on Paxil when it can be the hardest to come off- especially when you're sensitive to meds.

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

NANAX10
07-07-05, 23:26
Hi Meg! Thanks for your response. My counselor suggested Paxil because it has the least side effects. I am such a low weight when it comes to medicine. My OB gave me WEllbutrin, Internist gave me the Lexapro, and the ER Dr. gave me Trazadone!!!!! I've only taken .5 of the Lexapro twice and it really made me feel very anxious (took it at night). I don't like any of this stuff. I was doing so well just on the Ativan until I got myself so worked up over the billirubin thing. My BP has been up since this week so I'm trying to make sure I take my Atenonol as that is suppose to help with the palps. It is such a scary thing what happened Sunday. My counselor has suggested seeing a Physciatrist so he can maybe figure out a plan for medication for me. I don't know. I was hoping to conquer this health anxiety fear by myself with some work of course and my Counselor. I'm scared the palps are going to come back as long as they did Sunday so I'm trying to keep calm and not get over anxious. This is horrible. I've always been a bit anxious about my health but never to this extent and certainly never with depression. This all came out of fear and I get angry at myself at times for allowing it. In the ER the Dr said I have a strong heart and I still get these little pains.......but I also have an awful lot of gas. I burp and burp and burp constantly. I read that some people do have pains in the chest with anxiety so I did the suggested stretching thing last night. It seemed to work![^] I just hope I can be me again soon. Thanks Meg

Kathy

KATHY LYNCH

Meg
07-07-05, 23:37
**My counselor suggested Paxil because it has the least side effects**
I can't say my experience would agree ..Getting on it may be ok but getting off is a different matter. I recommend you look into it carefully.

**I was hoping to conquer this health anxiety fear by myself with some work of course and my Counselor**

If you were doing well and just had a bilirubin fuelled blip there is no need to go with meds just yet .

**but I also have an awful lot of gas. I burp and burp and burp constantly** Normal for anxiety- keep burping - rather out than in.

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

NANAX10
08-07-05, 23:42
Thanks again Meg! On a much sadder note, I've been plaqued with the 'palp devils' all day again today!!!!!!!!!! Called the Dr. who is filling in for my Doctor and he said as long as I was just at the ER and everything was fine, it is just something I have to deal with! It scares me so. Luckily hubby is home this week but Monday goes back to work. I wanted to know if anyone has any coping strategies for this thing....they say it is all ANXIETY and maybe some menopause stuff (even if I'm going to be 58)....Jo............what do you do? Meg, do you think I can go for a walk? I know the ER doctor asked if I ever passed out and to this point, NO I haven't, but that has me a bit concerned.

About the paxil........yeah, I know it is all so scary. I was told though that an AD may help get the palps under control. I wonder if I put one of my estrogen patches back on if it would help or make it worse......

I HATE THIS!!

Thanks to anyone who may have some ideas. Doctor covering said if it isn't better by Monday, go see him.........sometimes I wonder if these things are just 'benign'????????????????

KATHY LYNCH