PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks/Anxiety

undertheweather
04-01-09, 06:26
Hi my name is Sherri. I am suffering with panic attacks and anxiety so bad that I get those rushes from even thinking or talking about it. The anxiety has been for years, but the attacks have just been the past few weeks. I am now on Lexapro (which I have used in the past), and I am having to take xanax daily. I have also been suffering from vertigo, so I take meclazine when I feel dizzy and nauseous. I am a single Mom of 2 young sons (8 and 4), and I'm truly worried about myself. I have been in the ER 4 times in the past 3 weeks. #1 Migraine (first one ever), #2 by ambulance for hypervenilating/panic attack, #3 from panicking that I was going to have another panic attack, and #4 severe headache and more chest pains. All of my tests have come back normal... bloodwork, heart enzyme test, CT head scan. I have an Echocardiogram scheduled for Tuesday afternoon. I just hope I can get through this. I wish the best for all of you as well.

sunshine-lady
04-01-09, 15:40
Hi Sherri and :welcome: to NMP

Sorry to hear that you are suffering health anxiety, things do get better!

I am sure you will like it here. There is so much support and advice. Chat room is a great place to meet new friends.

:hugs:

undertheweather
04-01-09, 17:52
Thanks. I plan on checking in here often. It's a beautiful (brisk) day here, so I will try to get out and walk for a few minutes. That might help.

Patty
05-01-09, 10:30
Hi Sherri, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :hugs:

weeble40
07-01-09, 09:41
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx